Bins left on pavement

Evie

Does anyone know the law on leaving bins on the pavement? I live on Marmora Road and am absolutely sick of some people leaving their bins out on the pavement, there is no excuse because everyone has a front garden or a path at the side of the house. These bins are a form of litter. Some people have moved in next door apparently have paid over a million for the house but since they have moved in the pavement outside their house is full of different types of rubbish, old mattresses etc left for days, all their over flowing bins, it s so bloody selfish, help! what is one to do?

These bins although supplied to residents belong to the Local Authority, who as far as I can reserch only remove the bins from the obstuction point back to their Depot.

I would think that any person paying a million pound for their home would not like to have this rubbish staying outside for very long.

You would think if you'd bought a house for over a million you would have enough money left to buy a skip and that you could make a space allocated for your bins, in all fairness they have not been in there long and the house was split into flats, not sure what there situation is, even so when I did a renovation job I paid for a skip and put all the rubbish in it and did not leave it sprawling all over the pavement outside, every week there is stuff left outside irrespective of what day the bin men come and all their bins are just left haphazhard for people to walk round, may have to go round and have words but do I really need to fall out with my new neighbours............

Hi Evie - Given the situation I think it would be much more sensible and productive to speak to your neighbours directly rather than engaging in such discussions via this forum. In fact it might just be our house that you are referring to! We will await your contact and look forward to resolving this with out unnecessary conflict.

Nicely done Marmattee.

Evie, very good idea to speak to your neighbours directly - it may well be that they've called the council to pick stuff up and are obliged to leave things on the street for collection (I've had to do that for both a sofa and a double mattress - didn't like doing it, but didn't have much option).

Thing is, if your neighbours read the forum (and aren't in fact Marmattee), then it could be construed as a little passive aggressive to come on here rather than deal with it face to face.

As for the bins - oftentimes, they're just where the bin men left them.

And Marmattee - you paid over a mil for your house? Can I come round for dinner?

So you think I am insensitive, what about the people who leave their bins out and rubbish all over the street, I suppose they are really aware of their neighbours? if I read this on this forum and thought it might be me I would do something about it!!! Who is insensitive here?

Get over it!