Attempted mugging on Court Lane 29/05

Hi,

Just wanted to send out a bit of a warning as two teenage boys attempted to mug me as I was talking on my mobile on Court Lane. They approached from behind, hit me on the head and ran off when I screamed. I wasn't really hurt and, as I dropped my mobile, they ran off empty-handed. They were probably just opportunistic but I wanted to make others aware of this as it happened on a calm, light evening with plenty of other people and cars about.

As an aside, I wouldn't have minded too much if they'd nicked my mobile. I checked it out on Mazuma mobile the other day and it's now worth a grand total of ?12.50. :p

Take care.

Rosie.

Sorry to hear about this and hope you are ok, I am quite shocked that this happened on courtlane (safe area), I am really disgusted with some teenage boys in this sociaty now and what they do to entertain themselves, as a teenage boy my self I appoligise on their behalf, you should report this to the police!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Must say, they have done a thorough looking job of repairing the damage done to the park. I'm mildly antipathetic to the Gala Festival. But it has been better organised this year. 
    • Other posters are entitled to their views and there will inevitably be opposing views, that is the beauty of the forum.   The issue for many of us is that year on year we would prefer that a large and popular section of the park is not taken out of use for weeks on end, does not have to undergo significant remedial work each time or undergo unnecessary tree lopping to accommodate event structures,  and does not have its ornamental aspect impacted at the height of summer, when all of us would like to enjoy it. If the impact of the event was literally only for three days, that would be different. As it is, we are talking weeks and months. There is also the question of long-term impact on substructure and wildlife, who knows... Many thanks to Peckham Rose for raising matters with the event organisers and Southwark Council events.  
    • Greg built me a utility cupboard and some extra shelving in a wardrobe. He was quick to respond and good at communicating. He easily understood what I was wanted and had some ideas to make it even better. The quality of the work is high and the cost was reasonable. Would recommend. 
    • Looking at those fixtures I realise how little I follow international football.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In