Parking near North Cross road

Sam Toucan

I have lived on NX for 15 years and it is worse than ever. We try not to use the car at the weekend as you never get anywhere near home again, well - until Sunday evening anyway! That said, the hassle is worth it, we love living here - the neighbours are ace and it is a happy place to be :-)

As part of my job, I have to drive to all parts of Southwark, if I am going anywhere off Lordship Lane, I try and get a early morning or very late afternoon appointment and leave my car in my drive as parking between 8 and 6 pm is a nightmare between Townley/Pellatt Road down to Melbourne Grove/Grove Vale

maritap Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Parking in most of the streets in Dulwich is a

> nightmare most of the time. It's pot luck if you

> get a parking space.

What?? I live on a street near to both Nx road and LL and parking is a bit of a pain on Saturday in the day. A nightmare in most streets in Dulwich, behave!

I live in a road off North Cross Road, and I very rarely have any significant problems parking.

It can be bad for a couple of hours on Fridays which is the main day of worship at the mosque in NCR, and sometimes on Saturdays because of the market, but even then I can almost always park in my road, just not always right outside my house.

I used to live on LL near Shawbury Road and the only day parking was ever an issue was Saturdays. It was annoying to have to drive round and round looking for a space or park streets away when I've just popped to Sainsbury's.

On the other hand, it was a pleasure to be able to access LL and surrounding streets on foot and so quickly, it's such a lovely area.