Eat Out to Help Out@ 57 North Cross Road

SueJ

Hello EDF

My name is Suzanne James, and I am the caterer based on Barry Road (blue vans, round plate logo with a fork, you may have seen us around) and to be honest, my business has been hit hard because of covid. Weddings, Parties and Corporate Events were all cancelled well before lockdown on 23rd March and I have been working hard to save my business. Not a sob story, please read on.....

I am a local woman, born on Goodrich Road, and have never lived outside of an SE22 postcode. My children went to the same primary school as I did, with the same school secretary!

I have made adjustments my business and offer Afternoon Tea, Picnics, BBQs and Hampers for minimum 2 people. I have even opened my pop up, 57 North Cross Road, on the weekends, offering a Brownie Bar and Mocktails with Vits + Kicks. Everything I produce is made in my professional kitchen on Barry Road, which is a registered food business and has 5 star rating for hygiene with Southwark. If you are looking for a very special treat for 2 or more then we really do have fabulous packages on offer. Please do check out our website

www.suzannejames.co.uk

The government announced an Eat Out to Help Out scheme, and we have joined that. At my pop up, 57 North Cross Road, SE22 9ET, we will be offering a set Breakfast/Brunch Menu, Lunch Menu and Dinner Menu. The menus are up on the website. You do have to book and pay in advance via the website.

I guess why I am writing this email is because it is heartbreaking to see so many small and indie businesses closing their doors. I am trying not to add to those statistics, and if we are not to join them, then I do need to ask you to help us survive - be that by ordering an Afternoon Tea, Picnic, Hamper or BBQ or to join us for the Eat Out to Help Out scheme which means the government will pay ?10 towards your meal and we are charging Breakfast/Brunch @ ?20 so you pay ?10, Lunch @ ?20 so you pay ?10 and Dinner @ ?25 so you pay ?15

My goal now is to save as many jobs as I possibly can. Currently I have 8 full time staff. These people live locally, shop locally and work locally. These people pay tax, national insurance and a pension plan. My 20 year business is run honestly, legitimately and with a social conscience - it always has been.

If you are considering eating out in the month of August, I am asking if you would look at the menus on my website and give us a try. If you have a special occasion, then I am asking if you would consider booking your socially distanced Picnic, Afternoon Tea or BBQ with us.

If you are hosting a bubble dinner at home then I have staff bubbles that can work together and cook / serve your meal. If you are looking for a space for a wedding reception up to 24 people then we have my pop up, 57 North Cross Road. We are covid compliant and have a risk assessment for events at home.

If you do not like the menus on the website, then send me an email. I am a chef (with 35 years experience) by trade and I would love to write a bespoke seasonal menu for you. [email protected]

Finally, if you have bought from us and you have booked us in the past, please please please, write a review about us below. Let the wonderful people of East Dulwich Forum know that they will be booking a jolly good company and that you have been happy with our service.

I would like to be here for another 20 years to continue to serve Seasonal Organic Sustainable Food to the good people of East Dulwich and the surrounding area.

Thank you for reading.

Suzanne James

www.suzannejames.co.uk

[email protected]

Hello everyone,

Lots of you on here know me as I've lived in the area for 25 years! I started out as the local cloth nappy advisor (hence my 'name' on here) back when my children were little. When they started school, I started working for Suzanne, and have been with her for over 12 years now. She has been an amazing employer, allowing me to work around family life, poorly children, school assemblies and the like. Of course working in the events industry is full on so it is give and take - you do the huge days when you need to willingly, because of the flexibility that is offered at other times.

Everything Suzanne has said above is true. Myself and the team have mostly been furloughed since end March and we really, really do need your support now, as whilst many things feel they are getting back to normal the catering and events industry really isn't.

Suzanne is the most determined and inspiring woman I know, she built her business from nothing by saving ?10 a week for a year all those years ago, and I've been anxiously watching her find ways to adapt the business over the past few months to keep us ticking over.

Thank you so much to every one of you who has supported us on social media, bought brownies, afternoon teas, BBQ packs, Picnics and more....... it really does mean so much. We can't wait to be back together and planning those wonderful big parties for 120 plus......

Amanda

Hello Bob

Thank you for flagging that. I have had a server update so crazy day with the www. Today!

I have just checked through everything and it seems to be able to accept my bookings in theory.

We are www.suzannejames.co.uk and you should be able to get through

Thank you for trying to support and hopefully you can get booked in

Suzanne

(If not, and it?s not too much trouble, could you email me [email protected])

Thank you again

My son and I had a delicious breakfast @57 this morning...there was so much food, we had to take most of it away with us! The vegan sourdough croissants were huge and so tasty, the muffins were delicious and the smoked salmon bagels were a breakfast in themselves!

Thank you Suzanne and your team! We'll be back!

Thank you all so much for your support. It?s Day 2 and we have a wonderful Brunch, Lunch and Dinner service yesterday and very happy walk ins today

So glad we were able to accommodate

Love to all and huge virtual hugs

Thank you so so so much for dining with us

Suzanne

Www.suzannejames.co.uk

Another happy parent and son! We too had a delicious breakfast @57 this morning. Tasty array of food including the best banana muffin I have ever tasted 😋 Well worth ?20, and superb value for the ?10 we paid as part of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. Now really looking forward to the dinner we have booked in two weeks' time.

Thank-you Suzanne and your talented team.

Thats it folks. Week one has just finished and it seems we have kept the good people of East Dulwich (and further afield) very happy at Brunch, Lunch and Dinner these past few days!

We return on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week for another fabulous service of Brunch, Lunch and Dinner at the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.

Brunch is ?10.00 and has many items served over an hour period. Think fabulous hotel breakfast but actually you don't have to choose!

Brunch includes Vegan Sourdough Croissants!

Lunch is ?10.00 and is Yellow Fin Tuna Nicoise followed by Tiramisu

Dinner is ?15.00 and is Chilli Meatballs in a Black Bean and Tomato Sauce followed by Keylime Pie Cheesecake!

Our drinks partner is Vits+Kicks - a local, very local, fresh juice mocktail company. In the morning we offer an Avocolada, Lunch is a PassionKick, and Dinner is a Vits O'Clock!

On a Saturday we open fifty seven as a Brownie Bar and again, partnered with Vits + Kicks super special Mocktails. We say we give you the 4pm hit and Vits + Kicks gives you the 7pm hit!

Please do come by and say hello.

Suzanne

www.suzannejames.co.uk

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend at 57 North Cross Road for Brownies and Mocktails!

Don't forget to book for next weeks Eat Out to Help Out scheme and have lunch for a tenner or dinner for ?15

Suzanne

www.suzannejames.co.uk

Sorry to bump but I just wanted to say a really big thank you to everyone who is dining with us at 57 right now.

My long term goal is to get through to end October and then see how we go but my short term plan is to get through to end August!

You are really all making a massive difference and helping me save 8 jobs which are with local people who invest their hard earnt wages in our community.

East Dulwich..... you are the best

Suzanne xx

We?ve just returned from a fabulous dinner which included lamb tagine and polenta cake. Everything was top drawer including the very friendly and professional service. Can?t wait to return for more. Thank you very much.

Thank you ALL so much for your support so far. Just one week left and it?s all over on the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.

You have all been brilliant and it?s been an absolute joy to see friends and meet new people who may have been unaware of my indie business.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Watch this space for our next adventure on the Bank Holiday Weekend - eeeeeeeeek. Better get cooking up a storm three too!

👩‍🍳

Suzanne xx

Www.suzannejames.co.uk

Archived