Which balance bike? Help me choose!

born&brED

Hello!

There are far too many balance bikes out there to choose from. I feel like I'm buggy shopping all over again. Was going to go for the Early Rider but not sure I want to pay ?100 when other brands, eg Kettler and Puky have such good reviews.

What are your experiences, or rather your children's?!

Thanks in advance!

Decathlon have some good ones - we got the blue and red metal one for around ?30. It's really light - lighter than our older daughters Puky was, so better for our second when she was really young. And it had a brake too - which not all the balance bikes have and helps with the transition to a proper one. Given what we'd paid for the Puky, I was impressed. And I didn't feel so precious about it if we left it outside the park cafe etc - not that we've ever had any problems but you worry that big brands would be more at risk.

don't bother with a balance bike!

get a proper bike, remove the chain and cranks, and put the seat down super low. then once your little one is comfortable, you can put the cranks back on and turn it into a proper bike! upcycling etc.

Dan

Another vote for Decathlon bikes and sports/kids items in general

Really good value for money and you can go to the shop to have a try of the bikes... kids love it!

You can go to the shop in Surrey Quays Shopping centre (15/20 min from Dulwich) or you can order online