NCT advice

Bella83

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of booking antenatal classes and am looking for a little advice. Has anybody done the course with Sarah Savaskan, at her house, and have any reviews they would like to share? Any advice welcome.

Many Thanks

Hi

I did my NCT with Sarah a few years back. She's got a wealth of knowledge and there can't be many issues or concerns which she doesn't have first hand experience of, so of the 6 couples in our group no questions went unanswered. It's a nice informal atmosphere being in her home and certainly nicer than being in a hired hall or something. From my own POV I felt there was a little too much emphasis on the natural side of childbirth and not feel I had failed if I needed pethidine or an epidural, but that was perhaps in response to and led by the majority of the group, but as first time mums to be I wanted to feel it was ok to go down the pain relief route if I needed to. It didn't really bother me as I know my own head and since this is the only NCT course I have done I couldn't say if it is the way all teachers are or whether it is particular to Sarah.

If you think the NCT antenatal courses are for you then go for it, I can't imagine a more knowledgable teacher than Sarah and she gave us great support afterwards as well in terms of help with Birth plans.

Good luck!

I did a second time mum NCT with Sarah and she was very good. Interestingly, 4 of us had already had a c-section with baby no. 1. Sarah didn't push VBAC which I thought she might do as NCT teachers tend to be pro natural birth, etc.

All in all, I would recommend Sarah.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Bella. This is a bit late but just to say Sarah was great, when we did our course in January. I was in total denial about having to give birth but her classes were really helpful and reassuring. We also made some great friends through the course. I think we were all a bit shy about staying in touch afterwards but Sarah insisted that we all made a date to meet up and that really made it so much easier. Part of NCT is meeting a group of fellow new parents! Hope it all goes well for you.