Dog Kennel v Lyndhurst

I have been following the primary school threads with interest as my first starts school next year. Considering all options, state and private.

Does anyone know/is anyone looking at schools in Camberwell? Specifically, what views have we on DKH v Lyndhurst? I have toured the first, not the second. I am in between the two geographically.

WMx

We have looked at both and were really impressed with both. Lyndhurst seemed really organised, warm and inclusive. DKH felt a bit more vibrant, the kids seemed really happy and were proud to show off their school. I like the fact that both are pretty relaxed about school uniform. I slightly preferred Lyndhurst, Mr Bear preferred DKH.

I would say that you are lucky to be in a location where you can choose between these schools. A difficult decision though.

Hi Working mummy - I have 2 kids at DKH - we ended up choosing DKH over Lyndhurst but I think both are really great schools - happy to chat via PM tho insanely busy at the moment with work and home so I might not reply very quickly.

I remember being frustrated about the same issue with the DKH tour and the fact that you don't encounter any teachers - it makes it really hard if you don't already know parents at the school!