Dog attack in Nunhead cemetery

EDFres

Unfortunately my dog was attcked in Nunhead cemetry last Sunday at about 12.30 lunchtime. My dog was chasing his ball which the other dog decided was there's, which resulted in a nasty bite and a lot of trauma for my dog. No blame on the other pooch, as it's a dog but when I suggested to the lady owner that her dog should be muzzled, she shrugged her shoulders and said "maybe". I should have got her details tbh but didn't realise the severity of the bite until later, as it was hidden by his harness. A ?100 trip to the vet for stitches has left me broke this month and this after being made redundant due to Covid. The worst part of it is the blonde, white, middle aged lady shouted at her black and white shaggy haired cross "No, no, no" just before it went mental at mine, which could possibly mean that this has happened before. Thanks finally to the lovely lady who came across and gave my dog a treat to try and calm him directly after the attack.

That sounds really distressing and I hope your dog recovers.

Southwark Nunhead Cemetery website is very clear: 'please keep all dogs on leads to assist with social distancing. Commercial dog walking is not allowed in cemeteries at this time'.

There were notices on the gates to this effect.