Have you seen this sickly fox?

i*Rate

There is a a very sickly looking fox around the gardens of Fellbrigg Road that might need help.

It is an old vixen that has lost half of the fur from her body and must be suffering in the cold weather.

She was quite energetic when we last saw her but if she is lying around in your garden then she will probably need to be taken away by the RSPCA, who will deal with foxes. She has had three cubs last year that are now fully grow and are still local.

The number for the RSCPCA is ; 0300 1234999. Thanks very much.

https://foxproject.org.uk/about-us/

*Rate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There is a a very sickly looking fox around the

> gardens of Fellbrigg Road that might need help.

> It is an old vixen that has lost half of the fur

> from her body and must be suffering in the cold

> weather.

>

> She was quite energetic when we last saw her but

> if she is lying around in your garden then she

> will probably need to be taken away by the RSPCA,

> who will deal with foxes. She has had three cubs

> last year that are now fully grow and are still

> local.

>

> The number for the RSCPCA is ; 0300 1234999.

> Thanks very much.

RSPCA will not routinely kill foxes, please do check before you make such statements. From their website: https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/wildlife/animals/foxes

Found a fox in need of help?

As many as 100,000 foxes may be killed on roads each year in the UK, and many more are injured. We care for and rehabilitate injured and orphaned foxes at our wildlife centres.

Find out what to do with an injured or sick fox or if you are concerned about a fox cub.

[My comment] - grey squirrels are a pest and if you catch one you should kill it, by law. Interestingly RSPCA advice is a bit softer - eg deterrents and leaving the killing to experts!

There was a restaurant a few years ago (St John seems to be in my mind) that had squirrel on the menu.

I have seen that Native in borough also had a squirrel Lasagna on its menu last year.

Maybe during this covid and panic buying period we could all forage for natural meats ... squab is another option (if only my neighbours cat hadn't got them all first)

😱😅

If you contact the fox project they will supply mange treatment free that can help her fur loss. Its so easy to administer you just put a couple of drops on some bread and jam and it really does help.

They will also come out and help there really good and worth a call.

foxproject.org.uk