Where to get stitches removed?

Pickle

As a lasting reminder of our holiday, my little girl has come home with 3 stitches in her chin, which the hospital in NZ advised should be removed this coming Friday. Rang DMC and no nurses appointments for a couple of weeks and I can't leave them in that long. They advised the walk in clinic in Peckham, but as it's a schoolday and I have two other kids I don't like the idea of going somewhere where I can't get a definite appointment.

Do I have any other options? Advise welcomed!

I'd call the GP surgery again and explain the situation and make a big fuss and say it is ridiculous that if you have to wait 2 weeks to get a nurse appointment then there is something very wrong with their system or they are not employing enough staff. If I was told at my GP surgery I can't get a nurse appointment for 2 weeks I'd be mightily pissed off and they would hear about it. Sorry if this is not very helpful, I just get angry at bad level of care and I do think that sometimes having a bit of a rant is necessary.

I decided to walk to DMC after school pickup, and when I explained the impracticality of a walk in centre and asked again if they had any space they "found" me a space on Thursday. I'm pleased, but annoyed that it took me walking down there to get a decent response from them.