Seeking builder recommendations for half-house loft conversion

emz_167

Hi All, My husband and I plan on doing a loft conversion on our Victorian 'half house' in SE22 and looking for recommendations from people who live in half houses and have gone through a similar process. If you have, would love to hear more about your experience with party wall agreements etc (as there are issues unique to these types of houses), and what builder you used. We are looking for someone who has a lot of experience with half house loft conversions to ensure it's a smooth process.

Thank you!

Hi Emz,

I would like to introduce you to Aldrich Building Services (https://www.aldrichbuilding.com).

We would be delighted to offer our services to you and if you would like can schedule an initial consultation free of charge to talk you through our vast experience in managing projects similar to yours.

Please feel free to drop me a PM or you can request for a call back on our site.

Stay safe.

Best Regards,

Zachary

We live in a half house in Bovill Road SE23 where around 50% have gone upwards; the many have been handled by Central London Lofts who seem to do a decent job at a reasonable price. Our (front door) neighbours went down this route and there was relatively little disruption for us with the exception of scaffolding.

We went down a much more complicated route as we wanted a very different look from the standard and had a full roof covered scaffold; this was more disruptive to the neighbours but they were fantastic as we kept them informed all the way.

Consider having a chat with your immediate neighbour and see if they are planning a similar build; if so it may be an option to consider a shared steel down the (dividing) wall from which you can both build off. This may be a sweetener for the neighbour too

Go onto the Lewisham (or Southwark)planning portal and see what has been done by others; its really useful and helped us a great deal when we extended both the loft (six years ago) then the kitchen last year

One other thing we did was chat to neighbours who had already extended upwards and if possible have a look to see how they did it (difficult ATM).

To finish it really is well worth doing; we absolutely love the space

Hope this helps a bit and feel free to pm me if i can help more

Good luck

Archived