Plumbers advice/help needed

Stresshead

I have had a free standing bath installed , I purchased the chrome bath pack as well since the pipes and fittings are on show . I came home to see a plastic pipe on the bottom of the chrome piping , my plumbers said that is the way it has to be. I wasn't warned it would look like this .

Can a professional please advise as naturally I am not a plumber but I know the white plastic pipe cannot be right .

I would rather hire someone else if they are refusing to redo the pipe .

Hi stresshead

I can tell straight away from your photo that this problem should not of happened.

The contractor that you employed should of sat the bath in place and run all pipework correctly, then removed the bath leaving all pipework in its correct location before the floor was tiled.

you have a possible 2 options to correct this:

option 1

replace the plastic macalpine joint with a plastic chrone fitting ( not a great look )

option 2

remove the bath and break up a couple of tiles to access under the floor and fit a new chrome waste then re-tile the area affected before refitting the bath.

From your photo I can see that to achieve the look you originally wanted in your bathroom I would recomend option 2.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Russell

[email protected]

www.flowrightuk.co.uk

Archived