Am I being ripped off?

cfh2287

Hello,

I'm replacing the carpet in my childrens bedroom and have had a quote from a local carpet shop for ?320 to fit the carpet. This does not include underlay (they will use exisintg underlay from old carpet) or the actual carpet, just the fitting. Is this a normal price for carpet fitting? The room is a standard shape and measures 3.6 x 2.9m. Is this round about the usual price or am I being ripped off?!

My friend recently had a new carpet laid in her one bed flat - hallway, stairs, bedroom and living room. C 40 sqm

It cost ?200 for fitting, ?5 per square meter for basic underlay and ?10 per square meter for a basic off the roll carpet. Shop was carpet giant in Croydon/Purley way.

I recently had new staircarpet from TAPI fitting was ?197 for 2 flights of stairs 2 landings one set of 5 stairs and one of2 steps - into kitchen .This included uplifting of old carpet disposal and underlay.I am very pleased with the result fitters were amazing

• 2 months later...
Thanks @MrsR for this recommendation - I called Dave Bassom yesterday. As he had a cancellation he's been today, refitted and patched in a carpet - brilliant job, incredibly reasonable. Am thrilled and soooo pleased I didn't let my builders give it a go.

Archived