New Indian takeaway Grove Vale

Peckhampam

mark_h Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What a pity - it seems as though this takeaway has

> closed. Anyone know why / what it's going to

> become?

Closed???

We had a takeaway from here just the other night, it was excellent. Apart from the fact that they had run out of pumpkin :(

It had become our first choice for an Indian takeaway. I sincerely hope it hasn't closed for good, it feels like it's only just opened!!

ETA: According to their website they are open today ....

http://rannaghor-eastdulwich.co.uk/

But oh blimey, if you try to order it says "this restaurant is unavailable to take orders at the moment" :( :( :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I got a takeaway a week ago from here. The delivery guy told me they are closing for 3 weeks or so to change the kitchen and get a new grill fitted. They will also be expanding the menu.

Great news as I thought the food was great.

• 6 months later...

I tried this on Friday night. It was fine. It seemed to be similar in quality to Rannaghor, although some of our meat was a little on the tough side.

Given the similar portion sizes, quality etc., I query whether this T/A has actually changed hands. It seems like it could be a re-branding exercise. I also find it a little bit odd that the shop front recently changed to "Grill Bites" only a few weeks or so ago.

I think it is the same people.. I had a chat with the owner who I seem to recognise and he recognised me.

They had an issue with space which it would seem has been resolved..

Will try again soon.

DulwichFox.

E.T.A. It is now called Millennium Tandoori (T/A)

020 8299 4744

020 8299 0917

order on line @: www.millennium-dulwich.co.uk

There is another branch in Sydenham

If they are the same as Rannaghor, which it looks like they are, the food is generally really good. I've only tried it once as Millennium Tandoori and, frankly, I'd had too many beers to pass proper judgment!

I must say though, I do find the constant re-branding a bit frustrating and borderline deceptive. Fox says he recognises the faces, but I popped in after it had re-branded to MT and I was categorically told it was "under new management".

It is the same people who own the millennium in FH/Sydenham which won the best British take away a couple of years ago. I've had two meals from there recently and bar their onion bahjis being slightly undercooked I couldn't fault anything else and it was excellent value for money.

Archived