Advice re fitting effective extractor fans in bathroom and kitchen

akc74

We have a condensation problem and trying various things to reduce it.

Our kitchen and bathroom would both benefit from effective extractor fans so I am interested in finding out more about options - the bathroom has one above bath that goes up into the ceiling (not outside as far as we can tell) and it's just packed up anyway. I know knocking a hole in the wall is drastic but I am considering it, as it might be a good time to do it given the windows are imminently going to be replaced.

Can anyone help?

I had a bathroom fan fitted a couple years ago. The electrician drilled through the wall to create a big circle.(This was very loud and very dusty!) He installed the fan and hooked it up to my pull cord overhead light. It goes on when the light is on, and stays on a few minutes after the light is switched off. There's also an isolator switch outside the bathroom.

I was concerned that it would allow cold airin when not in use, but the little flaps on the outside fold down nicely. It has made a big difference. PM if you want to ask specific questions.

Hello, in the bath room you can have a 4" timer /extractor fan fitted,this will come on when your light is turned on,and would over run by 15mins to take out condensation and smells... The kitchen could have a cooker hood over the hob, this would take out cooking and smoke,but also give you a light over hob to cook by, good luck

Archived