Parcel Taken from Doorstep

Hi All,

I'm hoping this is just a neighbourly gesture, but as none of our neighbours were home today or recognise the chap captured on our ring camera we're assuming the worst.

Keep an eye out folks, this was on Goodrich Road around 14:57. Walked to our door with a large cardboard box, clocked the parcel on our doorstep, went next door and leaned over the fence- took the parcel and walked up the road towards the Dawson's Height's end.

If anyone knows a white guy wearing a green polo shirt, green shorts and black sliders today, please let me know as we've been in touch with the police due to the contents of the parcel.

I've seen two or three mentions now of carried empty cartons, preumably being used as a sort of camouflage. Are the people walking around with these or have they come by vehicle? Is there any possibility that they're combining opportunistic thieving with genuine courier work?

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've seen two or three mentions now of carried

> empty cartons, preumably being used as a sort of

> camouflage. Are the people walking around with

> these or have they come by vehicle? Is there any

> possibility that they're combining opportunistic

> thieving with genuine courier work?

They were in a car as we heard the engine running and the door slam on the video. I think just opportunistic given the time from delivery to theft, but who knows- it sort of reminds me of the guys that just do the rounds checking skips for scrap, if you drive around long enough you might get lucky.

Anyway glitter bomb ordered as a "thank you" should they come back....

What should a person do about parcels being delivered to the doorstep only? I live on Upland Road which I understand has had several doorstep thefts. I've had 2 parcels delivered by Amazon in recent days and they were left on the step (doorbell rung) luckily I was home to bring them in pretty quickly so nothing lost. I feel bad for the delivery drivers as they have such impossible schedules but at the same time ...