petrol (available?)

macutd

It's probably a pity the 'rationing' wasn't instituted much earlier. I think I heard on R4 a couple of days ago that deliveries can take place as frequently as twice a week, which if so suggests the system's going to be severely stressed for a while if the average daily demand suddenly doubles and more. [ETA] Just heard Brian Madderson of the Petrol Retailers Association on R4 You and Yours mention a petrol station reporting a 500% increase over previous week in sales last Saturday.

tedfudge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's ok sorry I do know where you mean EDR..

> passed there this morning and it was closed.. will

> pop round and have a look. Thank you

Didn't your wife fill up your car yesterday for you Ted ? That's what your post at 1.15pm yesterday said

If so are you at risk of fuelling the shortage by keeping your tank super topped up ?

Hi my husband is in the queue in east dulwich there are two queues , one from east dulwich end and one from Peckham rye side. Both are moving slowly but people are managing to get fuel so hopefully they do not run out . The worker told my cousin he will be closing early so maybe best to make your way there sooner rather than later . Best of luck to everyone trying to get petrol

I know there are those who will need to fill up as their tank is low or they need a car to work / care for someone but if, like me, you are unlikely to need your car this week think do you need to queue, spend more and stop those who need to use their car doing so as they have no petrol while your car is parked with petrol you won?t use.

Panic buying has caused the shortage. Its not a shortage - there is fuel its just a supply issue getting it to the forecourts. A post on here said demand had been 500% higher on Saturday. A friend posted on Facebook that she met a tanker driver at 5.30 this morning who couldn?t believe the situation and told her there is plenty of fuel and the only company with a driver shortage (affecting delivery to forecourts) was BP. That?s not how it was reported and what prompted the panic buying which caused the current shortage (and the hike in prices). Are there journeys you could walk / do on public transport for a few days to allow supplies to be restocked and panic buying to tail off?

Before you join a queue to fill up, or even get the car out and waste petrol driving round hunting to somewhere to fill up, ask yourself do you really need the car? If you do is the fuel in the tank enough for your needs? If the fuel is just going to sit in the tank you?ve stopped someone else who could have used it and maybe stopped an ambulance reaching someone or someone being able to work and the knock on effects. Looking at it like that do you need the stress of driving and the lost time?

Panic buying is causing the problem, so what do we get, more panic buying.... And posts telling people to pile in.

Emergency and other vital services need fuel very probably a lot more than you do.

If you're stock piling fuel way outside of the normal amount you're going to use you're a moron and the should be told when you try to fill up!

@Spartacus

Re: Petrol stations

Posted by?tedfudge?Yesterday, 01:15PM

My wife just filled up her car as I need it for work .. she qued up at asda in old Kent road for 1 and a half hours and people trying to push in she said there are people marshalling but drivers arguing and fights breaking out.. she said she drove down towards asylum road and petrol station was open with only 6 cars there and no ques .. if anyone needs fuel that may be a place to try... on a different note I'm in Barry road and sure I can smell fire from some where its very strong.. wife said she saw 6 fire engines and racing somewhere but not sure where to .

@Spartacus.

Just to clarify ...

My wife and I both have our own cars.. she was out yesterday and stopped off at asda and got some petrol for her car my car is currently sitting outside our house with very little petrol ( FUEL LIGHT IS ON ) with about 10 miles worth of petrol .... I used my wifes car last night for work I deliver newspapers in my car and I do 35 miles per day delivering does not include driving to kings cross and driving home from bayswater road ... my car has buisness insurance but my wifes car doesn't but because she was able to fill her car up that's why I used hers last night and will probably have to use again tonight.... my car uses a quarter of a tank per night for my work so I need the fuel but it's pointless me driving around searching for fuel as I may end up empty before I get some ....

Hope that clarifys for you Spartacus..

I know how my post may have sounded previously ......

tedfudge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> @Spartacus

>

> Re: Petrol stations

>

> Posted by?tedfudge?Yesterday, 01:15PM

>

>

> My wife just filled up her car as I need it for

> work .. she qued up at asda in old Kent road for 1

> and a half hours and people trying to push in she

> said there are people marshalling but drivers

> arguing and fights breaking out.. she said she

> drove down towards asylum road and petrol station

> was open with only 6 cars there and no ques .. if

> anyone needs fuel that may be a place to try... on

> a different note I'm in Barry road and sure I can

> smell fire from some where its very strong.. wife

> said she saw 6 fire engines and racing somewhere

> but not sure where to .

And edited by you today to change "my car" to "her car"

It may be a genuine mistake by yourself but you clearly said in the post yesterday that she filled up your car as you needed it for work 😱