Save the Ravensbourne Arms

rumandcoke12

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-the-ravensbourne-arms#start

https://www.sistermidnight.org/

We are a community group trying to buy the Ravensbourne arms through a crowdfunding campaign. The Ravensbourne Arms is a 1930s pub with beautiful original features near Lewisham hospital. The pub has been derelict for some time now, and as a group we aim to buy the pub and the flats above a community. I enclose links which explain the campaign.

This was a great pub, until Antic sold it off for housing. I'm pleased that someone is trying to resurrect it. Antic is an odd company (although I understand it may be two), running some great/interesting places including the EDT, but at the same time I fear that they are just a real estate/property business waiting for their time to cash in on their assets such as the Ravensbourne and the Forest Hill Hotel.

We are fortunate to have our own pub in the area saved by the people (the Ivy House) so you may wish to contact them. I'll separately send you some contacts involved in saving this and other pubs in South London.

A general point is if you don't have something useful to say then don't post. Obviously that is a patronising/condescending comment to make..... It may be better use of your time to look at the links, or just simply Google the pub as there is loads of good stuff out there.

Good luck Rumandcoke, you may see me sometime (I bought a fair wack of the Ivy community shares, so I have put my money where my mouth is).

Good thing it's in the Lounge forum, then - "The place to relax and chat about anything". Course if no-one's interested, the thread will fade.

Of course, some people might be interested in a live music venue that'd be a short bus journey away from East Dulwich. others might see an interesting community solution to the problem of a once-loved landmark pub that's been sunk by its unimpressive landlord- you know, like what has happened to the old Harvester in East Dulwich.

I'm just a fan of pubs, well certain ones. I don't live in Nunhead but I love the Ivy. The Blythe is terrific. I used to like the Clock and the Dulwich Woodhouse but sadly the Youngs Estate is very different to when they were tied houses. Ladywell is not far away.

Antic ran the Ravensbourne so I expect owned it. I don't think that they can be readily compared to the Dulwich Estate even if the impact is the same.

Hello Malumbu

thank you for your support, we are in contact with the Ivy House and they have been very helpful, but would really appreciate it if you could send me any other contacts and information. It is people like you who will make this venture a success. Thanks once again!

Hello Ladida

you are right The Ravensbourne Arms is not in East Dulwich. However it would be naive to only inform residents of SE13 about the crowdfunding campaign. Ladywell is only a short bus ride away from East Dulwich and most people do visit pubs out of their locality. We need to publicise this far and wide to ensure that it is a success. We look forward to welcoming you to the pub in 2022

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I just wanted to update you on the progress of the crowdfunder campaign. We have now raised over ?168k! I enclose a link below to the campaign page.

www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-the-ravensbourne-arms

Also there is going to be a terrific fundraiser gig on Saturday 4th December at the Fox and Firkin, tickets are ?10 in advance. Link below

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/save-the-ravensbourne-arms-w-horsey-malady-lou-terry-more-tickets-207159137557?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=escb

There will be a firepit, loads of bands, and the Quaggy community choir, plus Djs. The event starts at 3pm and runs till 2am the following date. Hope to see you all there.