Party idea - Colour Makes People Happy

Not sure if this belongs in Family or 'Recommended' but here goes....

If you're looking for a novel and creative idea for a kids party, I can highly recommend a place called Colour Makes People Happy (it's an anonymous looking shop next to Kwik Fit, bottom of Elsie Road). My daughter went to a party there not long ago and a friend reminded me about it today. They have a big rotating drum where you can create 'spin art'. The kids clearly loved it and produced some great artworks. And the place itself is like a tardis, it just keeps going with room after room, one of those quirky East Dulwich spaces that reminds me of Blue Mountain Cafe in its early days.

jonbateson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have looked and often wondered what it was,

> there doesn't seem to be much in the way of signs/

> info on the outside. Do you need to book?

Yes, I assume so

> How much does it cost?

I think similar sort of cost to All Fired Up.

>What can you create?

Each child gets to create a piece of spin art - on a sheet of paper maybe 4ft x 2ft? They look pretty cool.

>Do they do drinks etc?

they serve hot chocolate and waffles, and there's a room towards the back with a good sized table to eat cake etc. There's a little kitchen. At the very back is a room that's a private cinema. Maybe you can ask to show your own choice of film there, I don't know. Very quirky and laid-back place

Blyme - if anyone's been I'd love to know how it went? The guy running the place - Simon??? - is really friendly and lovely.

We've moved house and I keep meaning to book the family in to make a special picture to hang in our new home using the drum ...

H

We had our sons 5th birthday there today.

Can't recommend it enough. Simon who owns the place was great with the kids. The painting was enough excitement to keep their attention and lots of space if they need to run off a bit of energy.

Probably don't wear precious clothing but the paint is washable.