What age can a toddler start to use a buggy board?

A99

I'm having baby no 2 later this year and looking at what to do about buggies. I'm wondering at what sort of age little ones can use a buggy board. And presumably it's only for short trips down the road?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Hiya, I used a buggy board since my son was born and my daughter was 2 years old, it took her a bit to get used to it as she prefered to sit rather than stand on it. after having my third baby I was using it since my son was 18 monts old and he was way better than my older daughter :),they are arguing about who is meant to ride on it.I have lascal maxi buggy board, and if you dont need a double buggy that's good option.

I put my son on one at 23 months. It seemed fine at first but then we had a horrid incident where he managed to jump off it without my noticing (bad mummy bad mummy! Was concentrating on crossing the road and I think he just got bored waiting). I crossed over, then realised half way over he'd hopped off. I turned to shout stay where you are, he panicked and ran into the road to catch me up. His outstretched hand got clipped by the next car. He was fine, everyone was fine but we were lucky.

Then I got a second hand Phil and Ted's!

I'm not saying don't get one, but be vigilant. If your little one is old enough to understand, massively drum into him/her not to get off.

I never looked back with the p&t, so much easier for the pusher than buggy boarding. We did use the buggy board again when he was about 3.1/2 and I wanted him on his own two feet more!

We started using our buggy board when our son was almost 21 months. He was actually quite late to the walking game (19 months) but got the hang of it quite quickly and is a solid little thing. I tend to use it as a back-up to walking so DS will already be wearing reins that I can still hold onto whilst he is on the board. He did fall a few times on our first 2-3outings but has been fine ever since. Sometimes he refuses to go on as he wants to walk, which can be tricky when in a rush. However, we can cover a few miles with it. Good luck!