Young lads cleaning cars - great job!

We had two young lads (probably 13/14) knock on the door yesterday to ask if we wanted the car cleaned. My knee jerk reaction to anyone asking for stuff at the door is 'No', but having a teen myself and knowing how difficult it is to earn pocket money I said yes.

They were super polite, very thorough and did a great job (they brought all their own cleaning stuff, I just supplied the hose and water), £10 they were charging - I gave them £15 as they did such a great job and its important to encourage kids who are prepared to get off their backsides to earn a few quid.

If they knock your door (I'm on Dovedale road), do give them a chance - and if either of their parents are on here, if the lads want a regular car washing gig, pop round in a couple of weeks.

All the best

Fair play . I did this when I was around that age many years ago . Bloody hard work . Most kids are still good kids . I was in Macdonald's walworth road the other week . Load of school kids hanging around in the queue .. many with that ridiculous arrangement with their trousers hanging half way down their legs . This old lady walked in .. they literally cleared a way for her and let her through to get served first . It was really nice to see.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I can definitely recommend AFE Plumbing services. i had a leaking tap in the kitchen and Aria came out the next morning to identify the problem and bring a new tap to replace the old tap and get it all working very quickly. Aria is a very helpful individual who will always do his best to solve a problem for you.  
    • Not ED by but https://goodasgoldldn.com/pages/menu in Brockley does the gluten free stuff. Highly recommended, the food is great.  
    • The biggest free Lambeth  country fair is in next weekend 
    • I’ve been following the conversation with great interest. I don’t think that london parks and their wildlife are appropriate places for this kind of events. And of course, it also affects residents, too. It was really annoying going to the park with so many people, cans and rubbish everywhere, and noise spreading towards all directions. And think that I do like this kind of music, but I still think that this is not the right place to run big open air events like this. Also, today I saw this on the news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gg8p770eeo A free event was cancelled because private ones damaged the Brockwell park. Of course a free event would be cancelled, there is no way it’d be the other way around.  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In