Antisocial dog owner in Peckham Rye

HelloDulwich

This morning around 9:15am I saw a woman with short hair walking two westie type dogs in the fenced off section of Peckham Rye, where it states on the gates that no dogs are allowed.

I politely asked her if she knew that the area was a "no dog zone", thinking she might somehow have missed all the signs on the gates, to which she replied "I'm aware".

I tried to ask her why she was walking her dogs in the fenced off area when she had the rest of the park to enjoy, but she became verbally aggressive towards me, including taunting me about being pregnant and going into early labour, which was completely unnecessary and upsetting.

She also claimed that she could prevent her dogs toileting in that area, which I don't believe is possible.

I am a dog lover myself, but purposefully take my young toddler to that fenced off "no dog" area so that they can run around holding snacks/balls etc without coming into contact with dogs. I also want to avoid dog mess in that area.

I am reporting to the park warden and am posting in the hope no one else experiences the same, or if they do to inform you that you can also report it to the park office.

How horrible for you -Why on earth won’t people respect the fenced off areas?? Walking my dog YesterdAy around 10.15 some woman was letting her jack russell type dog (half black half white face) zoom around chasing squirrels. (She was too far away for me to talk to) As you say there is the whole park to walk in.