Advice for a lightweight and compact buggy for newborn +

Hi first time mum here.

I am looking to buy a buggy but Iw ant somethinf quite light and compact that goes from birth and is good for old kids too. I basically want it to last.

There are so many on the market and they are expensive so I want to make a good choice.

If you are happy with yours. Pkease share with me the make and model.

Lightweight and compact is essential as we have stairs to climbs and narrow space only...

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

We love our babyzen yoyo.. not cheap but very compact (can even take onboard planes as handluggage), lightweight, seems well built, lots of accessories if you want / as needs change etc.. there's a reason why you see them all over London! Go to any playground in East Dulwich and the majority will be babyzen yoyos ;)

And of course congrats new mum! Good luck

We have a Bugaboo Bee and it's been a really good choice for us. Not quite as lightweight/compact at the Yoyo but has parent or world facing options at all stages and felt a sturdier buggy to us. Has been very versatile now we also have a newborn and a toddler. Surprisingly decent sized basket underneath too :) Good luck with your choice!

• 1 month later...

Our first baby zen yoyo lasted 5 years through 3 children and had we done some basic maintenance on the wheels, it would still be going. They rusted to the axle eventually and we just got a new one - again, 5 years on! Also happy with the buggy board attachment. It is definitely the best buggy for hauling up and down stairs (we live on the 4th floor), the trade-offs regarding space never much impacted us.

Good luck!