Decorator costs

Lauren123

Hello,

Could anyone give me a steer on costs for a decorator in ED?

I live in a fairly small one-bedroom flat, it's a new build so the walls are pretty good. Just looking for a fresh coat of paint to the walls and ceiling.

Appreciate costs can vary depending on size, type of paint etc. but I've not hired a decorator before and have no idea what is fair.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend had this done about 18 months ago. One bed new build. Painting walls and ceiling. No 'woodwork' ie doors or skirting. The total cost was £1200 including materials. Took two people just short of three days, I think.

I don't know the name of the contractor and can't find out, sorry.

I don't know if DIY is an option at all for you (probably not since you're asking about a decorator), but rollering walls in good condition is not that difficult and you can get good results. Materials costs for the job above would've been about £150 at the most.

Hope all that helps.

Hello. I can help you, I would have to look at it first or you can send me pictures.

If you already have the paint and rollers there. I can do it for £100 a day cash in hand. I work a seven hour day. So I will get a lot done for you in a single day.

Hi.

If you would like someone to give you a free quote I recommend MJB Painters & Decorators. I've used them a number of times always been really pleased with their professionalism, fair rate, reliability and high standard of finish. Give Mark a call for a free quote on 07506 047721

Many Thanks.

Archived