Private lessons on: saxophone, improvisation and musicianship

renato

Private lessons are offered : Saxophone, improvisation, musicianship for all the instruments and singers

Tel 07882329840

Testimonials from established ex students and colleagues

Marco Pignataro Jazz saxophonist ( Eddie Gomez quintet )

( Ex Student )

Managing Director & Faculty

Berklee Global Jazz Institute

Professional Performance Division

Berklee College of Music www.berklee.edu

Renato D’Aiello was my first jazz saxophone teacher back in Bologna, Italy and to these days his gorgeous tone and lyrical phrasing still resonate deeply in my ears. Renato deeply influenced not only myself but also many young saxophonists taking private weekly lessons with him;

he also gave us the opportunity to develop by creating performance opportunities where we would be playing next to him and mentored on the bandstand. Renato’s approach to teaching was rooted in the most original jazz tradition of mentorship and aural learning and I could not possibly have had a better introduction to the jazz vocabulary than listening to him playing countless examples of improvisation ideas and concepts. Every line he played was a quintessential extract of bebop voice-leading, melodic development and soulful expression and his creativity was just so inspiring. I’m deeply grateful to have had his generous guidance, support and kindness at the early stages of my musical development as a Jazz musician. Grazie Renato.

Saxophonist & Composer

D'addario Woodwinds & Mauriat Saxophones Performing Artist

Zoho Recording Artist

www.marcopignataro.net

"Emiliano Vernizzi saxophonist. ( Ex student, Periscope band )

"Renato was a fundamental contribution to my instrumental imprinting in many ways, starting with the sound of the saxophone (tone, projection), the harmonious analysis of the repertoire, reading and stylistic language, improvisation and timing (I still remember the practice with hi-hat.) Everything has been wisely flanked by a guide to listening to many records that have become important for my musical training.

In addition, there has never been a lack of professional teaching in the human aspect: stories of one's own experience personal, anecdotes and advice, they have all been fundamental for my preparation for real life in music.

Bruno Montrone Jazz pianist ( ex student and colleague )

Lyric, visceral and magnetic.

The colors of his land are vivid at every tireless breath, overcoming every stylistic barrier.

The sound is imbued with life suffered and dreamed as it seduces the listener who can only remain enthralled.

Sincere, upright and raw teacher, he showed me the essence of jazz in the most incisive and brutal way; on stage and without unnecessary turns of words.

Finally, the most generous and spiritual person I know, an embodiment of his own art.

Alfonso Vitale jazz drummer ( colleague )

I consider myself lucky and privileged to have known my great friend Renato D'Aiello few years ago. An artist with a capital A, morally honest and respectful of this so great and unfortunately nowadays altered musical and cultural mission. An extraordinary musician capable of transmitting so much even with a few notes. And above all a teacher capable of revealing music, beyond the mere didactic aspect, as a real way of life. I am very honoured to be able to share life and the stage with someone like him. Thanks Renato.

326524110_1290050294886992_7544153208222986825_n.jpg.61bbd066988a5d62e9c769e1bec05e74.jpg