Best local book club?

Hello! I recently moved to the area and was hoping to join a book club to meet some local women my age (31) hopefully :) I was hoping for one that's starts around 7ish on a weeknight and was a bit confused by all the different threads on here so wondered if anyone could recommend one that's still going and might work for me?

Thanks so much! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Kevin Campbell Kevin Campbell (footballer) - Wikipedia  
    • Every night a fox is dragging our small solar powered pump out from the pond and chewing through the cable.  Two questions. One, of course, is why? What does it gain from it? Second is how can we stop it . We've tried taking the pump out at night but since most of the cable runs under the path, we can't put it very far away. We've tried weighing it down after removal but the fox, after a couple of days has learned to push the weights away. It seems to be enjoying the contest. We're not. Any fox experts with suggestions would be welcomed.
    • Southwark and Lambeth may have some spaces but this is not the case of other London boroughs nearby particularly at secondary level. Also this is not just a London issue. There are many regions throughout the UK that have no school places available (eg Kent due to new housing developments, rural areas, Surrey, Guildford, Edinburgh etc). Just because you feel it doesn’t affect you, does not mean it’s right.  You also need to consider the proportion of foreign students in many of the private schools in the area which distorts the impression that local people can pay private school fees and suck up an additional £4-5k per child and per year. And sadly, the psychological and emotional impact on children is not even being discussed.
    • Step in a child’s shoes just for one moment and think what it would be like to have to move schools in the middle of the year away from your friends, teachers, community etc. due to a political stunt. I doubt the money will even go into education. The UK will be become the only European country to tax education. Primary schools have some capacity where I live but I have enquired and there are currently no places for secondary school where I live. Again, so easy to be smug and say we should have pre planned a potential outcome 5 years ago when you live in your £2-3m homes next to the best state schools in Dulwich (like Keir Starmer!)
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In