Sainsburys - Dog Kennel Hill, muggings & assaults...

Rose1950

Just to let you know there have been number of recent muggings on shoppers at the Sainsburys - Dog Kennel Hill.

There have been muggings today, and yesterday, in the run up to Xmas.

There is a group of 5 black youths. Some wearing a masks or balaclavas. 

They approach shoppers once they have left the supermarket and attack them, punch and rob them for phones, wallet etc, as they make their way to the bus stops.

Sainsburys do not seem have adequate security. They need to look at this issue - and take it seriously.

They also refuse to take any responsibility for the car park. Their CCTV cameras only cover the store apparently. So if you shop by car you are likely to be a target also.

Sainsburys staff and management refused to call the police. Perhaps this is bad for business, and they say that the police will not show up.

The youths were recorded on the CCTV system - so they know who they are.

They have also been coming into the store & stealing items.

So if you do choose to shop there or park there, be aware that you are on your own, and be prepared. It cannot be considered a safe environment for the staff or shoppers at the moment.

Hopefully - it will not be too long before the police catch up with them. 

Edited by Rose1950

• Rose1950 changed the title to Sainsburys - Dog Kennel Hill, muggings & assaults...

we should not sit and watch all this Crime taking place in East Dulwich because it could be anyone of us the next victim ...so please lets get together and DEMAND that Sainsburys and the Police take this  Seriously and do something  i would be happy to join hands in doing this before someone is killed. Police are letting these criminals get away with all this and the criminals know this. But we are the Victims if we say nothing  and do nothing ????

The local police have been involved with the Local Sainsburys for months (all those who have attended the Dulwich Hill Police Meetings over the past year will be aware of this). There has been a lot of shoplifting at this store but the manager at the time refused to give police the CTV tapes despite several requests in person. Maybe after this incident they will become more cooperative.

Well maybe we should boycott Sainsburys if they do not take our safety seriously.  We know that Sainsburys are not responsible for the events...... but really not supporting the community and any possible police investigations is insulting to the community and sending the wrong message to criminals.  The car park must be owned/leased by Sainsburys they have a responsibility to maintain health and safety in the environment for insurance purposes.  I am sure they would call police if I set up a tent and moved in.   Does being beaten and robbed not affect your health and safety???? I wonder there must be some people who know a lot more about the legal issues and responsibilities.    

i am not a Lawyer But maybe it is a Crime  Refusing to give to hand over video recordings of serious crime taken place.  

but i still think the Police is Not taking these Crimes in east Dulwich seriously .and the Crimes will get bigger and bigger .god forbid if your house is broken into and things stolen....you ring the Police and see what service you get .or ask people who have gone through that. 

13 hours ago, dulwich1955 said:

i am not a Lawyer But maybe it is a Crime  Refusing to give to hand over video recordings of serious crime taken place.  

If the police are just asking, it is not. If they have a warrant or are exercising a statutory power (eg s19 of Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984), it is. But I expect the cop on the spot would know that better than us random people on the internet.

Let's not get carried away with second hand information and start demonising shop workers. It wouldn't surprise me if a big company had a policy that CCTV requests had to be made in writing and that has - through Chinese whispers - turned jnto a story about how a manager had refused to cooperate. It's not like these are old fashioned systems where the manager can just eject a VHS tape from a box under the counter and hand it over.

Edited by Dogkennelhillbilly

On 06/01/2024 at 09:19, Dogkennelhillbilly said:

If the police are just asking, it is not. If they have a warrant or are exercising a statutory power (eg s19 of Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984), it is. But I expect the cop on the spot would know that better than us random people on the internet.

Let's not get carried away with second hand information and start demonising shop workers. It wouldn't surprise me if a big company had a policy that CCTV requests had to be made in writing and that has - through Chinese whispers - turned jnto a story about how a manager had refused to cooperate. It's not like these are old fashioned systems where the manager can just eject a VHS tape from a box under the counter and hand it over.

Someone speaking reason and sense, and urging moderation? NO!!! I want employees fired and public floggings because I read something on the internet!