Family friendly accommodation in York - recommendations please

EmilyPie

We need to take the new baby and our 2yo to visit my MIL in Bradford. However, we can't face the 6 hour plus drive followed by all 4 of us trying to sleep on an air mattress in the living room of her tiny 1 bed bungalow. So we have hatched a cunning plan: fast train to York, stay in self catering there and drive over to see her/take her out for an afternoon in York. All of the places I've seen on the internet so far seem quite expensive and not particularly child friendly. Does anyone have any recommendations? It doesn't have to be central York as we'll have to hire a car anyway, but it will need to have travel cots available as we'll be coming by train. Ideally all on one level too in case we want to bring my mother in law there to visit as she can't really manage stairs, but that's not a deal breaker. Big thanks in advance.

Hi there,

The last few times I've been to York I've stayed in one of these apartments: https://www.clearlyapartments.co.uk/

They're all really centrally located and pretty good value I reckon. Over the summer we went to York as a family and they were able to provide a travel cot for us, no problem. You can book online obviously, or there's a really helpful lady in their office, Jane, who might be able to advise which apartment would be the best fit for your family.

Hope that helps!

Ps Like your cunning plan :)