Why is my ad being removed???Please advice

Localhandyman

Hello Im after some advice from other users as i am new to the site and not sure if i placed my ad in the right place.

Its a long story about my husband who a qualified painter and handyman who like alot of families found it hard to find work locally to Dulwich so was having to travel miles each day (2 hours each way) after an 8 hour day and not getting time to see the family. I came across this site which has 90% jobs in and around dulwich which has been a fantastic help to us and just wanted to help and share with others in ther same situation as us. Twice this ad has been removed or reported ???? I have seen other posts recommending local things to dulwich so what makes mine any different from them,thanks for your help and advice.

If anyone would like the link to the site please let me know and i will pm you. Or am i allowed to put it on here? I dont wont to break any rules.

Nomally it's because your ad doesn't follow the rules - particularly not giving an ED trading address:

This is a forum for East Dulwich Businesses, anything related to East Dulwich businesses post it in here, but follow the rules:

- Businesses must state they are based in East Dulwich and include their trading address. Failure to do this results in a deleted post. Multiple failures and/or lying results in a ban.

- Do not repetitively post about you services offered, this includes continuously offering your services to people with "I've PM'd you mate", "thanks for the recommendation" and "I can do that for you" messages.*

- Businesses can post about themselves ("advertise") once for free. I recommend reading the terms of use before posting.

- False recommendations are illegal and action will be taken against those who try it on.

- Suspicious / multiple recommendations about a tradesmen will be removed.

- Do not type the subject title in capital letters.

- Advertising / business signatures are not allowed.

- Do not mention Le Chardon, they threaten the forum with legal action if people do.

Unfortunately we do not have time to check to find out where companies are based or to tell them not to continually post about their plastering/building/van/photography/nannying/plumbing/cleaning services everyday or tell them they have broken the rules so all we can do is remove their post.

• Administrator

It has nothing to do with not liking people.

You have to state your ED trading address, it's the rules.

Localhandyman, you didn't do that.

Also you're only allowed to advertise once for free, it's the rules.

Terry027, you already have an advert here

(Please can you edit it to state you address.)

They've been the same rules for years.

Nothing vindictive about it.

I was just recommending someone else,another place/site for LOCAL tradesman to find work LOCAL I was not advertising myself as an handyman in the post. And when you place an ad/post it doesnt ask you to add an address. There are a number of recommendations on this site and not one shows an address.So why are those not being removed??????

• Administrator

Terry, yes please do post a fresh ad and please make sure you put your address in.

Localhandyman, so you're not a Local handyman? If the website you're advertising is an East Dulwich business then yes, promote away. Otherwise, if it's just another directory site where you can find non?ED businesses as well then no, you can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Admin

I have posted in my ad on this forum and had customers wanting to recommend my services, however my business address is 74 Curch road, Crystal Palace, SE19 2EZ (not ED). So my ad is deleted? I'm only up the Road. I'd like to receive recommendations from people whom have used my services and have got my details from this site, but I can't seem to find of my posts or recommendation what's going on? How did they get my number.

Cutting a long storey short I understand it may be that my business address is in Crystal Palace and not East Dulwich, so I have submitted the advertising form to do a paid banner on the right........

No reply after submitting the advertising form and several emails later. Can you please help me get my ad on this site or at least let me know what's going on.

Thank you

Nathan

• 1 month later...

Hello Admin

I've now moved my registered office to Heat Firm Ltd 201 Lordship Lane, Dulwich, London, SE22 8HA, Tel: 080027207568. My company is now registered in East Dulwich. You can speak to Hui Min NG to confirm on 02082991933 and you can also check my details on companies house.

I've submitted a new advert via your web form but I have not received any notification of receipt. Please advise what I need to do to get my advert on this site.

Best regards

Nathan

• 1 month later...

Archived