Ideal 2nd hand family car any suggestions!

Clair47

Someone smashed my into car and left no details (how lovely).

However the cost to get it repaired has made me think about getting another car.

I have looked at Seat Altea's (my FAV so far) & Leon, Peugeot 306, Audi A3 or A2 & Renault scenic.

I'm thinking smaller car as mine is an estate, but not sure if we'll miss the boot.

Does anyone have the above mentioned cars? As i like to know how reliable, economical & comfortable they are.

My car is a ford focus estate and has not caused me any problems at all. But I fancy driving something different.

I do have a family, do like to go camping occasionally, we don't want to feel too cramped in the car on long journeys.

Any response re above cars would be helpful!

Thanks

Seats are supposed to be well made due to the fact that they are owned by VW. I hear positive things about those. Audi are also owned by VW and are quality bits of kit but I hear they can be expensive to maintain.

Talking of VW, what about a Golf?

Trying not to stray off path of my short listed cars as its taken a couple weeks to get it down to those cars as it is.

Just after feedback to help narrow it down.

However golf was on there as I thought similar size to the Peugeot, just forgot to add it on my list at time of typing.

It's hard trying to keep all the family happy with a car that everybody likes. Especially when my 7yr old just wants to repair our old T reg focus. Or get a blue car that he likes. haha

Thanks for response though!

I've had VW's my last three cars- all bought second (or 4th) hand with at least 60,000 miles on clock, two Passat estates and the latest a Polo Estate which I got on ebay nearly ten years ago, intending to just keep it a couple of years. They go on and on and on, and if you service them at a non-VW garage they are economical. Strangely my Passat's were much better on petrol than my Polo. My Polo is as scruffy as they come and I keep looking to upgrade but it is 18 years old, 110,000 on the (petrol) clock and has only ever let me down once, and that was when the radiator thermometer got stuck and told it it was overheating.

I have had two Renault Scenics (and was concerned about Renault reliability before I got the first one) but have had no problems. Comfortable, easy to drive, lots of space, fuel economy OK. I got the first one 3 years old and drove it for eight years, then traded in for another one.