best park

That depends on what you want to do, what the age of your children is, what amenities you need nearby. Peckham Rye Common has lots of open spaces for running around, and it's not far from the Dish and Spoon, which is a very child-friendly caf?.

We are lucky to have many lovely parks in Dulwich and the surrounds: Dulwich Park, Peckham Rye Common & Park, Brockwell Park, Horniman Gardens (& museum), Crystal Palace Park and more. Is there something specific you are looking for that would favour one park over another?

If you are a parent/carer who's going to be using parks a lot over a long period then I would say enjoy having such a great variety of parks. Also, maybe save a couple for a year or so's time for a bit of a change when you might start wanting something a bit different.

Dulwich Park is a large open space which has a Boating Lake.

Bicycles, Banana Bikes, Kids Bikes, normal Adult bikes can be hired.

There are a couple of Tennis Courts. Not sure of their current condition

There is a children's play area.

There is a Caf? with indoor / outdoor seating.

There is a car park at the College Rd entrance.

Peckham Rye (a Favourite of myself) Also has a lake but no boats.

There is also a Caf? with inside / outside seating. With Car Parking Facilities.

and children's play area.

There are some beautiful gardens and some wilder areas

There is also an outside gym area. Rugby and Football pitches are available (Peckham Rye Common)

DulwichFox

If you are just looking for a quick trip to the playground - Goose Green playground is a big favourite with my nearly 4 year old. I go shopping on the lane and bribe him to be good with the prospect of a trip to the playground.

The other place that my two love is the "sand park" across the road from the Horniman Museum. (Not sure if anyone else calls it the sandpark - we do because it has a lovely big sand pit that my 1 year old loves.)

The other cool "park" that hasn't been mentioned yet is Dulwich Woods - no playground or anything like that - but lovely for the kids to wander around in (assuming they are mobile buggies don't tend to do very well.