Beavers Peckham Rye

bjm

Hi all

I know this has been done before, my daughter wants to join the Monday group at the Tenants Association.

We went along tonight and the hall is closed.

Are any current members able to pm me the leader's number or know when the group restarts.

Thanks in advance

BW

Becca

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• It was an absolute shit show. And so much anger coming from both sides, not becoming at all (was surprised how riled cool Rishi was getting).  Agree about the format, it was lazy, whatsherchops wasn't asking pertinent questions, she was just going for binary yesses or nos. The producers didn't force either side to drill down on anything, just make commitments so they got good soundbites.  If I hear 'my father was a tool maker' / my wife's a nurse / my father was a GP one more time... as if any of those things qualify anyone to fix / understand anything. 
    • Good.  Subsidence claims generally have an excess of £1000 per claim, but was yours higher?
    • Indeed, many house here have had or will have subsidence issues so one needs to bear that in mind.  Many houses here have shallow foundations but they have been around 100 years or so without too much issue. What the surveyor has told you doesn't feel like a 'red flag', more of a sensible warning.  Bear in mind that although the surveyor is nominally working for you, their focus iln reality is mostly on the lender and the risk of being sued, either by them or you.  So they are always pretty cautious.  It would be wise to get a 2nd opinion, eg. from a structural engineer.  Or talk  to the original surveyor directly as they may say more than they are prepared to put in a report.  It's a little difficult from the description to identify what the situation is but the scenario in which part of a property has been underpinned and the rest has not is fairly common here.  The proximity of trees is likely to be the main thing to be concerned about, particularly after the hot summer of 2002, as insurers generally regard them as risky, especially if they are not cut back from time to time.  A second surveyor can advise directly on this. It would definitely be worth trying to take over the current buildings insurance.  Indeed, it may be quite hard to find new cover.  Enquire what the current premium is and who the policy is ultiimately underwitten by (ie. is it a name that you have ever heard of?)  The insurance industry, in general, works to a guideline that the insurance of an underpinned property should transfer to a new owner.   https://www.biba.org.uk/insurance-guides/home-insurance-guides/subsidence/
    • More than the 2 contestants, the format and production was the main fault last night - allowing 45 seconds for an answer will get you those responses from any 2 candidates Awful show
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In