Dry Cleaners & Repairs

Its a thumbs down from me on the service at the Drycleaners in Upland Rd. Left a dress there for a new zip weeks ago - went back a week later and was told it wasn't ready and to come back the following week, which I did - to find it closed for building work - contacted the mob number posted outside - no response - finally managed to collect yesterday - and when I pointed out the poor service - politely - I was told that I should have made more effort to get it back! At no point had he left me a message to say when it could be collected etc Man was rude unhelpful and only offered an apology reluctantly - took no responsibility at all - I would have been ok with an acnowledgement and an apology - instead left feeling very cross and using the forum for a negative report - just beware of what type of response you will get if you have a problem with their service....

Oh these guys are great - I'm really surprised but to be fair they rarely close for long periods and they looked to be having lots of things done. I just popped when it was closed, saw the owner and he let me have my stuff althought they were closed. The lady that does the repairs does a sterling job.

• 2 weeks later...

They are a friendly couple but i have to agree with Mary.

I started to use them when i first moved to ED. The quality of the cleaning of my shirts wasn't great and their opening hours are a little unhelpful, opening after 9am and closing before 5pm during the week.

• 4 months later...
Only just read this - closing before 5pm? I've never known that to happen in all the 30 years I have known of the Cleaners. I think they close for 1pm on Wednesdays and perhaps are a little later than their 8am service they use to do years ago but most cleaners have similar hours. I think their standard of work and reputation stand them apart and I think its also better to speak to them face to face. Did you explain you were dis-satisfied or give them an opportunity to explain. Building work is a stressful time and the building looks good for it. I hope they continue to be around for years to come.

Archived