Foster care needed for dog whilst owner in hosp

My mum-in-law is in hosp and we are wondering what to do with her approx 5yr old Irish terrier cross. She is currently home alone with neighbours and family visiting to walk and feed etc but this not a long term solution and no idea how long care is needed for. We have two cats and the dog is not cat friendly (nor particularly great with other dogs).She is not vicious but is nervy, and happy with visitors and is used to a calm quiet household. Does any one know of foster careers for pets? Thanks.

Hi, I think there is something set up for when someone has to leave a pet alone due to being in hospital. I will look into it and get back to you. In the meantime how about having a local Dogsitter live in the house to give the dog company. Otherwise fostering is a good idea, a rescue may have a list of fosterers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I certainly hope she’s not standing down. She’s a great MP both locally and nationally. 
    • I had certainly heard that Helen Hayes was planning to stand down from being an MP - although I don't think I've seen that confirmed anywhere that I recall. If so, that is a shame, she was generally very competent and she knew the area well. A very good constituency MP and  had performed reasonably creditably in a minor Front Bench role. A loss to Parliamentary politics, in my view, if she is standing down.
    • We've just bought a previously tenanted flat which has come with a large amount of cutlery and cooking utensils which we'd be happy to give away. 
    • Sadly this means for those of us who live within this ward the brilliant Helen Hayes will no longer represent us (that is if she's standing again). The Labour candidate for Lewisham West and East Dulwich is Ellie Reeves who has been MP for West Lewisham and Penge before the redrawing of boundaries.  She is sister to Rachel Reeves.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In