Sanding and varnish Victorian wooden floors

GipsyHill

We have had our Victorian floors brought back to life thanks to Gerard from Bromley (07794 953 597)

See attached pictures. We took some ugly laminated floors that were installed on top of the Victorian solid floors. The uncovered floors were painted white and several boards needed to be replaced. We were not sure if the floors could be brought back to a good standard. Gerard carried out an excellent work, matching the colour of the rest of the house and leaving the place spotless. I would definitely recommend Gerard's floor sanding services. Thank you!

I was sooo close to posting similar pps. Lets face it, there wasn't much to work with in the first place so it was never going to be featured in Ideal Homes magazine. It is an improvement but that's not saying a lot, be honest.

The floorboards have been butchered on the past (probably to get access below), may have been better just laying new wood and lacquering it.

ETA: might look ok once you get a rug down.

TBH I think you guys are being a bit unfair on the floor sander guy. The boards were in a bad state to start with, so unless he's been hired to replace all the boards, then I don't know what else you'd expect.

We were in a similar situation in our place... the floorboards had been cut very unsympathetically (presumably to install cables/pipes) but without the funds to get a new floor put down, the best medium-term solution was to sand, fill, and varnish.

not harsh at all it is a terrible job .if you look at the pic it is thicker in places than in others the coats have not been done evenly.hang on i said coats ,to be honest it looks like just one coat .

Archived