Xeres

• Administrator

Jeli Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Let me ask you - did you advise Xeres that his

> posts had breached the rules before deleting his

> entire posting history?

You still don't get it do you? The rules say "- Do not continually post messages to get your item for sale back to the top of the list blah, blah, blah, Excessive still-for-sale posters will have all their messages deleted without warning. " That means that no, I did not warn Xeres.

There's about 53,000 users on this forum and about 2,000 posts a day. We do not have time to tell people off for breaking the rules that they should have read. Yes I can be a bit harsh sometimes but we've better things to do than go around warning people. Put it in perspective; lots of old for sale posts have been deleted and a few new one were deleted. Xeres is going to have to go to a bit more effort to make some cash, and it seems they've put some adverts back up already.

And it's not about the FS in the title, catch up.

And when you've finished your rant about power please grow up. We've run this forum for 8 years now; seen births and marriages caused by the forum, had run ins with police, racists and angry mums. We've had numerous legal threats, some current, helped authorities catch criminals and supplied evidence to courts. There's been about 1.5 million posts, had the server collapse under the strain and we have volunteers moderating it. We run it fairly and successfully, yes we make mistakes and are open to admit them but I do get annoyed when someone who has purely made money from the forum by selling things, and has never contributed to the community side of things, says they hope I feel good for causing upset to someone whose posts I deleted. Grrr.

And the fact Jeli and Xeres are posting from the same computer does make this seem like some sort of "oh darling they mustn't treat you like that, let me have a go at the nasty Administrator while you go and make yourself feel better by shouting abuse at some volunteers in a charity shop".

"And the fact Jeli and Xeres are posting from the same computer"...

Isn't that the problem eh?

First ripping off the community with me me me sales, then righteous indignation, and then sock puppets.

Idiots never learn.

I wonder if they think other people are a figment of their imagination, just put there to serve their needs?