Footie tomorrow night

telegramsam

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As an aside, did you know Harry Cripps is the name

> of an Australian comedy writer? First time I saw

> his name on some credits, I thought it must be

> Danny Baker moonlighting!

One of the biggest regrets of my life is that I could have attended(and didn't) the funeral of Harry Cripps around 13/14 years ago)..Shameful as I couldn't be assed as it was raining and I've felt guilty at not saying a massive "Thanks" to the Man who spilt blood for Millwall and personified the true Millwall spirit....

He was at the heart of the defence who were part of the Unbeated League Record Home run at The Fortressthat was The OLD Den that lasted 59 matches over 3 seasons(1964-66).

I was "Harry Cripps" on the Worldwide Betfair Sports Site in his honour.

His Testimonial?...I went but missed the "murders" that took place all over South-East London and in the ground that night when some Hammers Fans went into The Cold Blow Lane Home End at it truly "kicked off!"....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Went to some great free events in Clapham Common and in Finsbury Park.  Free fireworks at Vicky Park good too. Cost of events and cuts to budgets saw an end to most of this.  Blackheath fireworks too popular.  Parks and recreation eh?  😊 
    • There was a reason that brockwell park stopped hosting events, and it seems to have been forgotten, and Peckham seems just so less suited to it.  It’s just not the most appropriate site and the park has suffered for it    
    • I found an iPhone on upland road. Distinctive case. Let me know if you’ve lost one. 
    • It's grass.  It will regrow.  It's not native fauna, wild meadows etc.  Just like many of our gardens, it's ornamental and for recreation. You could argue that most of our park land is ornamental rather than a nature reserve.  Would time not be better spent getting involved with a wildlife trust or similar charity?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In