Architect needed

• 1 month later...
Be careful with architects... I used one a few years ago and agreed a set price withhim. After he fins he'd and I got quotes he then demanded much more money based on these inflated quotes even though we agreed the set price at the outset. Beware...!

Most architects will charge a fixed % of the contract sum, i.e. what the client eventually spends on the project. So if a client says they intend to spend ?50k on a project but they actually spend double that, the architect is covered. Likewise for the client if they spend less than planned. However, if you agreed a fixed price for their work regardless of the contract sum then you shouldn't have paid them more money...

Hi,

Not sure you are still looking for an Architect, we are nimtim, an Architect office based in Forest Hill and have carried out a number of residential projects in South London. Some of our projects can be seen on our website, www.nimtim.co.uk. We have worked with many clients' and can offer references and take you to see some completed work and some currently on site.

Hope we can help,

Nimi

• 3 weeks later...

Archived