Boiler - is inhibitor, cleaning kit and chemical flush needed?

sammy97c

Hi

I am obtaining quotes for a new boiler and one quote said the price for the boiler & install includes an inhibitor and cleaning kit.

I asked whether this also includes a chemical flush and was told that this is an additional 300+VAT.

My question is whether an inhibitor, cleaning kit and chemical flush are all required??

The property is a 2 bed apartment, 1 bath, 4 radiators. There are no known blockages but current water pressure for the hot water is very low - existing boiler is 10 yrs old and average.

Thanks!

Hi sammy

I would really recommend having the system at least chemically flushed with an inhibitor added and some form of magnetic filter installed on the system.

Pretty much all boiler manufacturers will ask for the information in the boiler benchmark. if you have a problem with the boiler within the warranty period the manufacturer will not repair it if the system water is dirty or there are signs the system hasn't been cleaned.

I advise that you ask your installer to carry out a turbidity test to find out what the system water looks like.

Archived