Our Brilliant Cleaner Needs Extra Hours

Beryl20

My cherished cleaner is seeking additional hours (one family she works for is moving away).

Galina is 40-ish years? old, ever cheerful, with the heart the size of a whale, but her bonhomie won?t swamp you. She is Ukrainian, trying to keep her family (2 adult children + husband) going in her war-torn, economically defunct country.

I employed Galina last Christmas via an ad on the EDF, placed by another satisfied employer who was also moving away.

Since, Galina has 100% lived up to her glowing reference:

She is very hard working, never stops for coffee breaks and such (a non-smoker too), very efficient and very reliable ? in ten months she never missed one week of work.

Galina is available for an immediate start: preferably Tuesday mornings or/and Friday afternoons. She charges ?10 an hour and 4-5 hour long sessions would suit her best.

She doesn?t mind travelling to other parts of London for work if need be.

Any suggestions/offers of work gratefully received ? I?ll pass them on immediately. Galina?s English is rudimentary: while it is quite sufficient for the job she does, she?s not confident of talking to strangers on the phone in case she should misunderstand something.

Hi Gaby,

Thanks for your answer.

It is not much, but indeed every little helps, so she'd do it, if you like, on a temporary basis, until a more regular job comes along.

Because it is indeed a smaller job than she is looking for, it'd help if you lived not too far from the Bellenden Road area where she cleans for me.

Please let us know if this arrangement would suit - here, or in a private message: my phone's somewhat on the blink and it'll take me a few days to find time to get it properly sorted!

Maggie

('Beryl' is my cat's name...;)

I would be interested too on Friday afternoons if she is available and interested in 3hrs/week? We have a two bed flat on Ivydale Road in Nunhead and would love for her to work with us if she has time? I would be able to drop her off/pick her up too her other appointments if that would help her juggle her days?

Hi,

Thanks very much for your offer, great news. Galina's next coming to mine Tuesday morning, I'll show her all the kind offers of work then and we will be in touch - she's had several offers here (both open- and private messages). Your offer sounds very convenient for her; both the day of the week and the number of hours.

I hope it'll be ok to give you her answer then (Tuesday lunchtime)?

- I do find it hard to discuss stuff on the phone with her - language!

Maggie

Hi - I am after a cleaner from beginning of December however only a small one bed flat in ED so just after someone for couple of hours a week. Maybe too small a job for her but if she wants to squeeze it in between the bigger ones I could meet her in a week or two to discuss.

Thanks

R

Archived