Teenagers in Dulwich

Vulfin

Does anyone have suggestions for activities in or near East Dulwich for my pre-teen and teenage girls on weekends and after school? Aside from playing sports what's on in the area for the 11-16 crowd? Are there clubs? The 14 year old loves music and sings in a number of chorus productions and the 11 year old is all about fashion design and cooking but also loves any outdoor activity like bike riding, sailing, swimming etc.

Check out this link for sport in ED and surrouding area.

In fact the whole of the Southwark website has details on loads of youth clubs, I've never been but I have friends who used to go to them and had a great time.

My 14 year old sister does dance in a really small centre in Dulwich, could give you the details if you're interested...

Also, when your girls start school, which ever school they go to will for sure have lots and lots of after school enrichment activites on offer to suit everyone; my school had everything from choir to film club to cooking...I think there was even a knitting club at one point!

Hope this helps...

There is the Dulwich Riding School on Dulwich Common that offers lessons for children/teenagers. You then have access to ride on the horse trail in Dulwich Park which would be lovely.

Edited to add, there are many swimming pools in and around the ED area that your teens can use ie, Brockwell Lido (nice outdoor pool), Beckenham Spa, and the ED Baths/Fusion Gym which is currently refurbishing their swimming pool to be ready by next summer.

My 14 year old daughter goes to a youth club in Dulwich on Friday evenings - it's recently moved from St Barnabus church hall to the Scout Hut behind JAGS on Green Dale, off East Dulwich Grove. She has always enjoyed it. I thought it had a mixture of teenagers from various schools going there (well it did when she first started). Not sure if that is still the case - she goes with a number of Charter girls.

It's drop in and a weekly fee of ?1.50. The timings depend on age:

7 - 8.15pm Year 7 (age 11 - 12)

8.15 - 9.30pm Year 8 (age 12 - 13)

9pm - 10.30pm Year 9 and above (age 13 and above)

In theory you sign up at the start of term because it's so popular (well it used to be) but I guess you could start mid - perhaps contact Corinne Munday who organises it - [email protected]