Nanny needed

One of the nannies that I see at a lot of local playgroups (Vlad) posted a message this morning looking for part-time work... I've never actually used him as a nanny, but he stands out as someone who really loves what he does, and kids seem to absolutely love him - worth a try? If I was looking for a nanny I would feel very happy knowing he was looking after my children.

Your info is a little out of date: I run Simply Childcare and it was a listings magazine for 14 years but after much pressure from parents, we recently changed and are now an internet service. It is still very similar to the magazine in that it acts like a private noticeboard and is still a subscription only service. The contact details of the adverts cannot be viewed by the general public. Only subscribers are able to see them and we monitor everyone who wants to subscribe. We do not accept anonymous subscriptions or subscriptions from anyone who is not already here living in this country and there are various people too that we would not want back as subscribers! A subscription includes a free advert and if we feel it is not written very well or is confusing, we will help improve it.

I know it is quite daunting if you are starting out trying to find childcare for the first time. There are so many things to think about apart from the cost and of course it is virtually impossible to be detached and unemotional about the whole thing because it is to do with your children. The best piece of advice I can give you is don't ignore your gut instinct. It doesn't matter if someone's background ticks all the boxes and they have brilliant references - if you have not got that empathy, that feeling that she is somehow the right one, do not pursue it as almost certainly the relationship will not thrive.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,my name is Galina.Sorry to bother you.Just want to ask if you still need the help with the children.I live in Honor Oak Park and am looking for the job in this area.I am 45 and have 5 years of experience in nanny work in England and 20 years of teaching work in my native country.Good references(one from NCT ANTENATAL teacher in East Dulwich).For more information just email.Best wishes