Life in Southwark post covid - consultation by Southwark Council

The council sent an email asking me to complete a consultation on how Southwark should look after Covid as I?d completed an earlier consultation and said I could be contacted.

The consultation is called ?Let?s talk about life after Covid? and closes on 15 August.

https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/corporate-strategy/lets-talk-about-life-after-covid/

There are various questions and you are asked to choose the top 3 or 5 of importance to you. If there is something important to you that is not an option there is an ?Other? category.

• 2 weeks later...
I would not bother as Southwark is run by Labour concillors anyway who put in lots of closed roads, environmental issues but don't follow them through. They've also got loads of flats and houses lying empty but play on the legal issues scenario which goes against their plans for the homeless etc.

If you don't fill in the consultation then the council can go ahead with their plans that have probably been put together by someone who doesn't know the area. If you have a better suggestion fill in the consultation and let them know.

Though I would say the Council do listen

- we lived in the area and filled in four consultations before the Zone Q CPZ was put in and we'd said no previously but the parking had got worse in that time

- there have been various planning applications for the dulwich Hamlet football ground area. They've been rejected or amended to take into account objections. Ok the decision isn't a rejection but the final plans approved were better than the original proposal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I believe around 57% of the 5,538 people who were part of the self selecting sample making up the original consultation, opposed the LTN. So just over 3,000 people. This was around 3 years ago now. I think there’s something like 40,000+ living across se22 and SE21 🤷‍♂️  The LTN is a minority interest at best. Whilst it’s an obsession for a small number on the transport thread who strongly oppose it, most have quietly accepted the changes and I suspect consider them to be something of an improvement.
    • Okay Earl, of those 'consulted' how many voices were in favour of the junction and how many against? Were there more responses in favour or more against? This local junction change is being driven by Southwark Labour Councillors- not as you assert by Central Govt. Also, if consultations are so irrelevant as indicators of meaningful local support in the way you seem to imply, why do organisations like Southwark Cyclists constantly ask their members to respond to all and any consultation on LTN's and CPZ's?  
    • You could apply the same argument to any kind of penalty as an effective deterrent.  Better than doing nothing. 
    • Check the link I provided above. It’s gives a very full account of where the push for LTNs came from, (in brief, central government). The consultation did not show that the majority of local residents were against the LTN. Not for the first time, you’ve confused a ‘consultation’ with a ‘referendum’. The outcome of local elections (which many opposed to LTNs excitedly promoted as a referendum on the scheme), suggested they are actually quite popular. All the polling on LTNs generally, also shows majority support across London.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In