NHS Covid Pass - digital & paper versions available

A warning

A friend of mine with a smartphone was turned back from the airport by Ryanair because he couldn't download his Covid 'passport' in the airport - he had failed to download and store a .pdf of the passport in advance and he couldn't get a connection (or the site was down) when he tried at the barrier. ALSO - the passports are issued with only a month's validity (which is updated every time your download) - so only download as late as possible before you travel.

This is third insertion of a link to poseidonexpeditions.com, or action preparatory to it, all done in the last few days, two of them by known serial black hat SEO spmming accounts, such as this one, long known here. Poseidon Expeditions are risking their reputation by employing fraudulent black hat activity such as this.

{ETA: It was reported this morning]

I just got a digital pass for domestic use, partly because we run gigs ourselves and I wanted to see what people would have to show (I had assumed it was just the bit of cardboard with the two vaccine dates on).

The digital pass says it expires on 9 August 2021 at 12.59pm. That's Monday! I thought it was supposed to last 30 days then you log in again to renew it?!

Can anybody shed any light?

AylwardS Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue have you done the latest update on the app? I

> just went into mine and my generated pass expires

> on 7 September

Ah, thanks.

Now what I can't find is the app which would actually allow me to "read" other people's digital passes .....

I know what it's supposed to be, but you are supposed to be able to download it from Google Play, and it doesn't seem to exist on there?

• 1 month later...
Two versions on the app, a single QR code for domestic, and a double one for international - if you have a paper copy don;t mix them p, fortunately there was good signal so I could bring it up on the ferry port but squeaky bum time! Funny in this paperless world sometimes you need the comfort of paper.

If you can, download a .pdf onto you phone - that way you can access the certificate/ passport at any time, signal or no. But (unless recently changed) the certificates only have 30 days currency before they 'expire' (but they can be immediately renewed on-line for a further 30 days) so store a very recent example when you start to travel.

• 1 month later...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nhs-covid-pass-valid-eu-travel-b963214.html?itm_source=Internal&itm_channel=homepage_banner&itm_campaign=breaking-news-ticker&itm_content=2

'NHS Covid certificates will be valid for travel in the European Union from Friday.

UK holidaymakers will be able to travel across Europe more easily now that the Covid pass is formally recognised in the same way as the bloc?s Covid certificate.

Fully jabbed Britons will be able to prove their vaccination status with the pass instead of having to take regular Covid tests to visit bars, restaurants, museums and events in countries that have adopted vaccine passports.

Until now, several countries had their own agreements with the UK but not all countries were onboard.

However, from today NHS Covid pass will be accepted across all 27 EU countries.

EU citizens with their equivalent EU Digital Covid Certificate will also be able to travel more easily to their countries from Friday.

Armenia will be connected to the European system under the same conditions.

?Today the Commission adopted two new decisions certifying that the Digital Covid Certificates issued by Armenia and the United Kingdom are equivalent to the EU DCC,? Didier Reynders said in a statement.

The EU Commissioner for Justice also highlighted how 45 countries in four continents are now connected to the system with more to follow before Christmas.

In theory, this change means the 27-member states now accept EMA-approved vaccines given in the UK and Armenia and regards them as equal to those given in the EU.

Fully vaccinated Britons aged 18 and over can get an NHS Covid Pass to use at venues and events, while those aged 16 and over are eligible for travel abroad.

The certificate enables travellers to prove that they have been fully vaccinated, recently tested negative or recovered from a coronavirus infection in the past six months.

...'

• 3 weeks later...

It may be bread and butter at this point for people used to travel a lot but I have not been travelling for over two years now so I am a bit confused. I should have sorted everything but ...

Let me see if I have got it right:

1) I will use the free kit to test myself in the 48h before I travel - I do not need to book any appointment with external providers, pharmacies or labs

2) I will login into the NHSapp.service website

3) I will enter the "QR code or ID number printed on the test strip (the part of the kit that shows your result)"

4) and I will "enter a mobile phone number so we can text you to confirm we?ve got your result"

So with this result of the lateral flow test taken in the 48h before travel together with my NHS covid pass, I am able to fly abroad without any other requirement, right?

Thank you

Let me see if I have got it right:

No - I don't think you have.

You can leave the UK without any testing etc., or certificates, so far as the UK authorities are concerned. However you must meet the entry requirements of any country you travel to, most likely some valid certification of vaccination but may also include tests results, most probably PCR. Although the UK places no restrictions on leaving, your airline may well not accept you for travel unless you can show you have the necessary proofs for entry at your destination. You need to check soon before you leave what the entry requirements are for your destination. These may be different for different destinations and may change suddenly.

For entry back into the UK from most destinations you will now need only complete a UK entry form (to have for your return) and to take a lateral flow test within 2 days of your return to the UK - but I believe you must pay for these, not use the free NHS provided kits:

Eligible travellers will be able to order cheaper lateral flow tests from private testing providers as an alternative to a PCR, offering faster results. The list of approved private providers will go live on GOV.UK on 22 October.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lateral-flow-tests-to-be-introduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals

Hope this helps.

Thank you Penguin68, I will check all the matter before departure again as things can change again in the meantime, and of course before returning back home. I already have all the passenger locator forms filled and pre-filled and the addresses of labs for all sorts of labs in case I need those. However, I have found the NHSApp very helpful in simplifying both the self-certification of lateral flow tests results you get with the NHS free test kits and the download of the Covid pass. Regards