Cafe's/Restaurants with AC?

Hi

Given the super hot weather we are experiencing, and particularly how bad Monday/Tuesday are expected to be, I was interested in knowing if there are any cafe/restaurants with AC around.

I tend to work from home, which has not been very easy in our recent heatwave and is likely to be very hard early next week.

Also, I thought others would be interested in knowing where had AC, and people who know could share a list of places with AC so that everyone would know.

This could be a very good resource for people.

Hi

Given the super hot weather we are experiencing, and particularly how bad Monday/Tuesday are expected to be, I was interested in knowing if there are any cafe/restaurants with AC around.

I tend to work from home, which has not been very easy in our recent heatwave and is likely to be very hard early next week.

Also, I thought others would be interested in knowing where had AC, and people who know could share a list of places with AC so that everyone would know.

This could be a very good resource for people.

My friend works in a cafe and gets REALLY infuriated by people sitting with their laptops for hours and ordering one pot of tea.

I dont work in cafe but I too get annoyed seeing someone sat with their laptop when I walk in drinking a coffee and they're still there when I've ordered a meal, eaten it paid and left.

These are businesses not an office there for your convenience.

As someone who had to use the tube today and again tomorrow I think you're bloody lucky to be able to 'wfh' So please spare a thought for the catering staff and cafe owners who have no choice.

Be kind and SPEND MONEY!

well said

My friend works in a cafe and gets REALLY infuriated by people sitting with their laptops for hours and ordering one pot of tea.

I dont work in cafe but I too get annoyed seeing someone sat with their laptop when I walk in drinking a coffee and they're still there when I've ordered a meal, eaten it paid and left.

These are businesses not an office there for your convenience.

As someone who had to use the tube today and again tomorrow I think you're bloody lucky to be able to 'wfh' So please spare a thought for the catering staff and cafe owners who have no choice.

Be kind and SPEND MONEY!

Coffee's are not an unusual thing to order in a cafe.......

Yes, I wfh but would often spent maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours in a cafe, and would typically order 2 coffees whilst in there (v.occasionally breakfast if it was at that time, but that's rare).

The cafe's would never be full (a rare exception might be Cafe G at lunch at weekends), so I would not be taking other potential custom from the cafe. It would literally be me paying a fiver or so for two coffees, or them getting zero. If they are open, then they have fixed costs such as AC/staff, and the more money they get, the more this is covered.

I know some cafe's ban laptops at weekend (there are 2 on lordship lane which do this), a decision I entirely respect. It seems they've calculated that during the week, someone sitting doing their work and ordering just coffee/tea, maybe a cake or so, is better than the alternative which is the same table being empty.

Plenty of pubs have recently been advertising themselves as potential places to work during the day, clearly targeting the wfh crowd. They've also obviously calculated that receiving a small amount of money from someone sitting there is better than an empty table at quiet periods.

However; several tables for 4 all with one person with a laptop and spreading can lose a café (if it's 3 tables, say) 9 potential covers. In weather like this - when getting out of the sun and rehydrating may be a clinical necessity this is simply not fair, on other potential customers or the café in question. If you're going to café work - to use their power and air conditioning be prepared to share tables and order frequently.

Coffee's are not an unusual thing to order in a cafe.......

Yes, I wfh but would often spent maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours in a cafe, and would typically order 2 coffees whilst in there (v.occasionally breakfast if it was at that time, but that's rare).

The cafe's would never be full (a rare exception might be Cafe G at lunch at weekends), so I would not be taking other potential custom from the cafe. It would literally be me paying a fiver or so for two coffees, or them getting zero. If they are open, then they have fixed costs such as AC/staff, and the more money they get, the more this is covered.

I know some cafe's ban laptops at weekend (there are 2 on lordship lane which do this), a decision I entirely respect. It seems they've calculated that during the week, someone sitting doing their work and ordering just coffee/tea, maybe a cake or so, is better than the alternative which is the same table being empty.

Plenty of pubs have recently been advertising themselves as potential places to work during the day, clearly targeting the wfh crowd. They've also obviously calculated that receiving a small amount of money from someone sitting there is better than an empty table at quiet periods.

you really know how to spend you hard earned money 2 coffees in up to 2 hrs wow if i had a café i would love customers like you. but i think i would be skint and looking for work.. i think people who do things like this should try and be a little fair and buy a biscuit and spend another £1

Just put a fan in front of you simples its 2 days not months

Hear Hear!

And I also agree that one person sat on a laptop at a table for 4 could deter custom.

I can think of a lunchtime when not wishing to sit alone at a large table I asked to share with a laptop user who had papers and files spread across the table like a real home/office..Boy did she huff and puff at having to move the papers to her side of the table...

She had a teapot and an empty cup next to her.

She didn't order anything else in the time I ordered-ate my brunch and paid.