Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> steveo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I got opera

>

>

> I get it, but I still don't like it very much.

Is where some big fat bird gets on stage and sings in a shrill high pitched voice ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That's true on the one hand. On the other hand they had deliveries going out, which presumably required the kitchen, which was not "shutting". There were other customers eating in  who appeared to have just got their food. Given we were an hour and a half ahead of the publicised closing time, not "half an hour before closing time", it did not cross our minds to call ahead to book. In any case we had been out all day, our journey home involved two trains and two  buses,   and we didn't know what time we would be back. Plus if a business "reacts to demand", it should say that its opening times may vary. Monkatsu clearly says on its website that it is open from 5-10 on Sundays to eat in or take away. Eating out anywhere is a "first world" thing, and yes there might have been alternatives,  but we had chosen to eat at Monkatsu!  It's not as if we had got there at 5 to 10 and expected to be served!  My post was to ask if anyone else had experienced the same thing. I wasn't expecting to be attacked for living in the first world and also  apparently  for having unrealistic expectations that information on a business website would be correct 🙄
    • Swifts ahoy! Heard them for the first time this year wheeling over East Dulwich at lunch time.  
    • 2. In times when police are leaving in ever decreasing numbers and recruitment is hard, how will he put more police on the streets ?  3. Rough sleeping, no matter what is done, some still choose that way of life, so what's his plan in that case ?      my guess for #2 would be that 14 years of this govt has done much to drive that exodus - an incoming new government is likely to take some steps to repair relations and make the offer more attractove   re #3 - this questions arises every time there are a lot of people sleeping rough but as we all saw under the last labour government, those numbers reduced dramatically. Again, the London mayor will benefit from that   Have people given up all hope that anything might ever get better ever - it did under last labour govt and whilst this one has a much harder job on it's hands, targets like this are at least honestly on their todo list (overall I would say that Khan list of targets is, charitably, "ambitious" as things stand in 2024. But they are positive targets and something to aim for. Compared to whatever it was that Hall was offering, it's the better of the two options)    
    • Hey there,   This is Suzanne from The Neighbourhood Vet.   I am writing on this forum - as a first and last time - to ask people to think about the level of criticism of vets that’s happening, especially recently, and ask if you think is really ok?    I established the practice 12 years ago with Amber and we joined a corporate called IVC Evidensia in 2019. Amber went back to Australia and Simon joined me as co-Clinical Director in 2020. We now have 70 employees across 3 sites and I think we have a pretty amazing and special practice.    The upset caused by the criticism of vet practices is not just about The Neighbourhood Vet and our staff. We get equally affected when we hear people saying bad things about Ms Robson’s practice, DNA pet care practices (Peckham/ Mayow Rd/ Parish Lane/ Streatham etc), Medivet practices (Lordship Lane, Camberwell, New Cross, Beckenham etc) or other IVC practices (Norwood Rd, Paxtons, Easipetcare).    All vet practices are a business and have to make a profit otherwise they will not survive. Just because we happen to be a place that cares for your pets, it doesn’t mean we can do this for free. Not a single person I know who works in the vet profession, chose to do so for the money, rather it is because we love animals, and continue to do our best for them every day, even whilst hearing the most terrible things said about us.   I personally have been criticised for selling to a corporate rather than staying independent but until you have dealt with the pressure (financial and otherwise) of running a business that cares for pets (which seems to be the most emotive topic for people) then I’d ask you be respectful of my decision.  The corporate practices are the obvious target in any criticism of vet practices - we do not always get things right, and there is always room for improvement but we are all working for the common goal which is to look after your pets.   None of our vets work on commission or get any performance-based bonus. None of our staff have financial targets that they are expected to achieve.  Different practices do different things and charge differently as do other businesses that provide similar services - think M&S vs Sainsbury’s vs Lidl vs a corner shop vs Waitrose. You do not expect to pay the same at these places so I am not sure why people think that vets should price-match and all charge exactly the same?    If you decide that you are not happy with something (our staff/ practices/ cost of medication/ receptionists/ cost of prescriptions/ way of working/ vets etc etc etc), then we would encourage you to discuss this with us. On any given day we can have a multitude of complaints from prescription charges to having to wait for 10 minutes because of an emergency to our consult prices on a weekend to the receptionist not being sufficiently friendly, and this all takes time away from caring for you and your pet.  If you genuinely think it will make you feel better to write something bad or that you are providing a service to others with your criticism, then of course you can do that, but please refrain from spreading inaccurate information or making bold assumptions about our Vets and staff.    We do not respond on socials because do not want to give air to toxicity, however, most of our staff (and others in the vet profession) would know about the things written about them. Vets have the highest suicide rate of any profession and the mental health of many in the vet profession is easily eroded by social media. So before you feel the need to tear someone down, perhaps think instead that it might be better to be kind. It would make the world a much nicer place.      Suzanne   Dr Suzanne McNabb BSc BVSc MACVSc MSc MVS MRCVS She/Her Clinical Director The Neighbourhood Vet 66 Lordship Lane East Dulwich SE22 8HJ
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In