Odious Anti-Trumpists and Trumpist collateral damage

miga

On FB this morning someone I know liked Madeleine Albright's offer to convert to Islam (as did tens of thousands of others). For various reasons this virtue signalling and tolerance flexing really annoyed me, but not least her cobtinuous cold acceptance of huge human suffering in the name of American foreign policy objectives. For example, http://fair.org/extra/we-think-the-price-is-worth-it/.

Meanwhile, Slayer's Tom Araya winds people up with a doctored photo of the band and Trump, and by calling anti-Trumpists snowflakes, and all of a sudden it's "Fuck Slayer", when other band members are clearly anti-Trump.

To recap, Madeleine "Collateral Damage" Albright is tolerant and virtuous, and we must put Slayer records on a pyre because Tom Araya makes sketchy jokes.

Four legs good, Trump bad.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Albright also said last year that there's a

> 'special place in hell' for women who didn't

> support Hillary Clinton. The intolerance of the

> 'tolerant'.

She did apologize with ..

"If heaven were open only to those who agreed on politics, I

imagine it would be largely unoccupied."

and about the original statement about child deaths she said

"I must have been crazy; I should have answered the question by reframing it and pointing out the inherent flaws in the premise behind it. Saddam Hussein could have prevented any child from suffering simply by meeting his obligations. As soon as I had spoken, I wished for the power to freeze time and take back those words. My reply had been a terrible mistake, hasty, clumsy and wrong. Nothing matters more than the lives of innocent people. I had fallen into the trap and said something I simply did not mean. That was no one's fault but my own".

Both her and Trump have the same 'engage brain before mouth' issue it seems.

Edit: - Full Article - https://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/170/41952.html and it's not kind to her - but many developed countries would still use sanctions IMHO as a weapon knowing people would die.

JohnL Wrote:

> and about the original statement about child

> deaths she said

>

> "I must have been crazy; I should have answered

> the question by reframing it and pointing out the

> inherent flaws in the premise behind it. Saddam

> Hussein could have prevented any child from

> suffering simply by meeting his obligations. As

> soon as I had spoken, I wished for the power to

> freeze time and take back those words. My reply

> had been a terrible mistake, hasty, clumsy and

> wrong. Nothing matters more than the lives of

> innocent people. I had fallen into the trap and

> said something I simply did not mean. That was no

> one's fault but my own".

>

> Both her and Trump have the same 'engage brain

> before mouth' issue it seems.

I can't see Trump making such a heartfelt apology though.

titch juicy Wrote:

>

>

> I can't see Trump making such a heartfelt apology

> though.

He strikes me as someone who has never apologised.

Look he even removed an apology given by Obama's admin

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-administration-website-apology-lgbt-gay-mass-discrimination-state-department-a7544551.html

and strangely the spanish version of the white house website.

Virtue signalling drives me absolutely crazy. And if one dares to question a virtue signaler, this means you simply must HATE gays/women/muslims/blacks/insert Social Justice issue here......

We seem to be in an age where the only views one can hold are extreme views. You must Hate Trump, and if you dont hate every single thing about him, them it means you must LOVE him. Social media and popular media alike seem to not allow for judging individual actions.

So because I voted Tory at the last election, some of my wifes left-leaning friends think I must agree with every single one of their policies. I dont.

Yep these phrases seem to be popping up all over EDF and is a current favourite go-to put down!

Personally I would far rather people "virtue signal" and "tolerance flex" than be a complete ar*se.

Perhaps by signalling virtue and flexing tolerance it might remind people who have a propensity to be an ar*se that they are ar*se gesturing.

binkylilyput Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Please clarify Gulliver. Were you suggesting I

> was

> > ar*e gesturing? If so, what does it mean?

>

>

> Haha! Nope, not at all Doc, was agreeing that

> these phrases are annoying new buzz words

It's from rap - so it has been misappropriated and I ban you all from using it :)

I can do it (talk like a millennial) too see.

anyway I'm off to my safe space (that's the bit in front of the bar at the pub)

Alan Medic Wrote:

> I tell you what. I'm sure I'd bloody hate virtue

> signalling too if I knew what it meant. I also

> hate silly phrases.

... until you spot someone doing it.

Last night's Standard were doing some story on some young people initiative and had a little side box where they talked to the bloke who runs 'Secret Cinema'... "I wanted to thank the women for their march on Saturday for waking us up. I honestly think women and young people are the answer, us men are just useless."

Quite obviously a virtue signalling wazzock.

Made me wonder why he doesn't stand aside to let the business be run by someone who doesn't self-identify as "useless". Maybe shareholders (if there are any) should intervene to get rid of Useless??

The problem seems to be that both sides in the Trump debate seem to be working on the ideas that "it's OK for my side to physically attack / be a complete a-hole to the other lot, but it's completely wrong when they do it to us".

If you physically attack someone for their political beliefs, you are a twunt. End of.

JohnL, she wasn't apologising for the effects of sanctions, but for not pointing out that it's all Saddam's fault. Her track record is not one of a pacifist, but of someone who's not afraid to cause human suffering if it achieves some policy goal. So when she hops on the liberal values bandwagon, it surprises me it's not met with a chorus of boos from people who might remember what the US did to Iraq.

No surprise that social media simplifies stories, but it really ground my gears yesterday to see Albright come out with that little gem.