Amusing stories about marvelous neighbours

malumbu

Chap on Danny Baker show called in to say about moving into a new house, managing to break one neighbour's lawn mower and then wreck the other's on the day he moved in and setting a fence a light. And how laid back everyone was.

I've got a comparable story which I will share later. Over to you.

I was having a new kitchen installed when I moved to Sussex, my son and I came down with a vomiting bug. I had no washing machine plugged in due to the kitchen being out of action and I was fast running out of beddings and clothing for my son. My lovely elderly neighbour knocked on my door (the builder had told her we were poorly), came into my house, took all my washing including the ones my son was sick all over, despite my insisting that she is not to trouble herself as I didn?t want her catching it. She refused to listen and washed it all and hung them on her washing line to dry, she also ironed them, she was marvellous. Another neighbour posted some Dioralyte through the letterbox too. They were amazing and I still miss them despite returning back home to London.

After my first child was born, I got back from the hospital to the house at about midnight, and realised I was locked out. I decided the best thing to do was to climb in through the upstairs bathroom window, but I needed a ladder. I knew the neighbours a bit so thought in the circumstances it would be OK to knock. The lady next door emerged in her pyjamas, retrieved a ladder from the shed, helped me set it up, then took one look at me and the size of the window and started climbing up herself. She disappeared head first through the window and thirty seconds later appeared at the front door and let me in to the house. I went and looked at the size of the window - if I'd tried it I'd still be stuck there now. I was so grateful, but she just said "No problem, I'm going back to bed now". She came back the next morning with a bunch of flowers for my wife. Best neighbour ever.