Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar
xxxx
https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageFood bank in ED?
Posted by Bob Buzzard November 23, 08:40PM

Is there a food bank in East Dulwich? I think there's one in Peckham, but what about for people in ED? Food banks are really important for some people, especially with the delays that are occurring with Universal Credit payments and the focus on austerity.

messageRe: Food bank in ED?
Posted by IlonaM November 23, 09:33PM

Here are a few results of a google search:

Christchurch United Reformed & Methodist Church Centre
Address: 263 Barry Rd, East Dulwich, London SE22 0JT
Phone: 020 8693 4170

The Trussell Trust Food Bank
Address: Knight's Hill, West Norwood, London SE27 0HS
Phone: 07722 121108

The Trussell Trust Food Bank
Address: 118 Malham Rd, Forest Hill, London SE23 1AN
Phone: 07938 071854

Posted by Bob Buzzard November 23, 10:57PM

Great,thanks for that info re: the food bank in ED on Barry Road. I did a Bing search and only came up with Peckham, so was worried that there was no food bank in ED. I have Windows 10 on my computer as my OS, but I find when I use Google for searching it keeps asking me to install the Google Chrome bowser, but that doesn't seem to work too well with Windows 10, so I just use Microsoft Edge as my bowser and Bing as my search machine.

Posted by IlonaM November 24, 06:36AM

My pleasure. It is good to know that there are places available. There seem to be quite a few food banks across the borough. Computers can be very fussy - yesterday, having had no problems accessing a website ever before the browsers (FireFox and Chrome) suddenly decided that they couldn't open any pages on the site! I use it for local information - am hoping they are feeling better today!

Posted by Pugwash November 24, 03:53PM

Christ Church have a box for donations to a food bank - they do not operate a food bank.
I think the nearest is PECAN in Peckham

Posted by Paulo November 30, 03:11PM

The Albrighton Community Centre off Dog Kennel Hill runs a community fridge Tuesday to Thursdays from 1pm.

[www.neighbourly.com]

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum