Birthday celebration suggestions please!

bloonoo

Good people of East Dulwich!

I am turning 23 next week and I want to know where to go for my birthday ? I would like to stay local but to my knowledge there?s nowhere on a Friday night in ED that you can have a big of a boogie. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go? The South London Pacific bar in Kennington looks really good but a bit of a pain in the butt to get back from at night. I would like to go somewhere easy to get to, with a bit of character, where we can have a bit of a dance and get a bit merry.

I look forward to your responses, and the winner gets an invite!

Thanks!

I think the place you're after, going by your description would be Shoreditch.

I'd recommend Mother Bar and Vibe Bar (Brick Lane) if you want to dance! Also check out Trois Garcon if you need some grub, a little on the expensive side but it is very nice and the food is delicious - might be just the place for a special occasion but failing this, there are plenty of places around. Brick Lane Bagel Shop is brilliant!

There is another bar right behind Trois Garcon but I can't remember the name unfortunately. Ed has a good night life depending on your age but I'm unaware of any bars that play music till the late hours other than Liquorish and it gets very packed.

You should be able to hop on the tube and expect to be there in 15 mins and cab home should take no less than 30 mins. Hope this helps.

I think the place you're after, going by your description would be Shoreditch.

I'd recommend Mother Bar and Vibe Bar (Brick Lane) if you want to dance! Also check out Trois Garcon if you need some grub, a little on the expensive side but it is very nice and the food is delicious - might be just the place for a special occasion but failing this, there are plenty of places around. Brick Lane Bagel Shop is brilliant!

There is another bar right behind Trois Garcon but I can't remember the name unfortunately. Ed has a good night life depending on your age but I'm unaware of any bars that play music till the late hours other than Liquorish and it gets very packed.

You should be able to hop on the tube and expect to be there in 15 mins and cab home should take no less than 30 mins. Hope this helps.

Les Trois Garcons is nice, but well expensive - I certainly wouldn't have been able to afford it at 23 (think LoungeLover is the bar you're thinking of jalapeno)

South London Pacific is great, and you can get an N36 back to Camberwell and then change there if you don't want to pay cab fare. Although if that's where you're headed, I'd caution against falling off the stage while dancing and spraining your wrist. Those cocktails can be pretty lethal.

You can boogie at Liquorish, but it's packed really tight.

Hang on, hang on. To hell with the difficulty of getting back, the most exciting thing is happening at the zoo. Cocktails and a disco at London Zoo every Friday in August.

True, your journey home won't be the easiest, but there's definitely a night bus that goes up that way. And you could liberate a giraffe and ride it home!

Dances with Wolves, and Tigers and Lions and Monkeys, and Mojitos...

I think it is going to be South London Pacific...I guess we can walk to Elephant and Castle if all else fails and pick up a night bus from there. It has good reviews on the tinternet! Thanks all.

Checked out the zoo disco - looks cool! however the date I want is fully booked, boo!